Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit not linking with myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit and myfitnesspal will not sync or link together. Every time I try to link them the Fitbit website says 'it's not you, it's us' and explains and internal server issue. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions welcome please! It's annoying me that myfitnesspal isn't recording all the steps I'm doing.
Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

@KimmiK I'm glad to hear that it seems to be working. Hope you can continue enjoying your tracker and the Fitbit integration with MyFitnessPal. 

Have a great weekend Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone else tried syncing their flex to the myfitness pal app been having problems.
Best Answer
Yes , me too
Best Answer
0 Votes
hopefully this will be resolved soon because I like knowing how many calories I burned
Best Answer
Kevin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can not allow My fitness pal to access the data from fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit provides a free and open API for 3rd party developers to use with their apps to integrate your Fitbit data with their apps. You would need to ask them as Fitbit has no control over how the API is used or whether they use it at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
For now I been using the Fitbit food tracker app. It's good back .
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been having this issue for two days now. Anyone figure it out?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am getting the same error from the Fitbit page after hitting connect on my fitness pal, it says it's. It you its us and I have been trying since this morning
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have the ability to try to link from a computer, try that. I was getting the same error from my phone earlier when it stopped syncing for the second time this week. But unlinked/linked everything using a computer and it worked. Just wouldn't link/unlink using a phone. Don't know why. 

Best Answer
I'm getting the something...'it's not you, it's us'
Best Answer
0 Votes
Anyone else having issues with your steps transferring to your my fitness pal app? I have disconnected it & reinstalled my fitness pal. The last message I received said Fitbit is having issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Fitbit Blaze yesterday… and like everybody is saying, the two won’t link. I don’t get any error messages at all. Both apps say they are connected (I tried syncing and unsyncing within both apps on both a computer and my iPhone). However, neither app reflects data from the other (calories, steps, etc.)

I bought the Fitbit because I heard the calorie counter was very accurate, and I wanted to sync with my daily use of MFP, so I hope they resolve this soon! I’m feeling rather frustrated and disappointed… Living in Japan, MFP actually has most foods you find here in their database, but Fitbit doesn’t, so I’m going to manually have to input exercise into MFP now, which is a big pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same it's not you, it's us
https://www.fitbit.com/oauth
Happens on mobile and my Fire
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the exact same problem. Fitbit were helpful and they have pointed me towards the community. They said they have reached out to MFP but I'm not sure it's MFP fault as the error message comes from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this and I am still getting the same message
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit is no longer syncing up with fitness pal so I am not able to see how many more calories I have used .....getting frustrated as doing loads more walking but it isn't showing up as steps like it used to?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jusbrasso A warm welcome to the Community! Yes, we've reached out to MyFitnessPal and they acknowledge that they were having issues with their website. I completely understand your point that the error is showing on Fitbit. However, the issue is from MyFitnessPal. 

Additionally, you may want to check this post from @AndrewFitbit

@jojomarie @kellen1965 I've moved your post here! 

Thank you for your understanding!  

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- If you're experiencing issues with connecting your MFP and Fitbit account, I suggest trying out the workflow that @AndrewFitbit has shared here.

If you're receiving an error message of "it's not you, it's us," please share a screenshot of the error message so I can further investigate this with our team. Keep me posted! Thanks everyone! 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes