Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit - AZM from Strava?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was just wondering how does Fitbit actually calculate Active Zone Minutes from workouts synced from Strava. Since heart rate data doesn’t sync over, I’m wondering if it’s based on something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Raeej there are two options. It may be using underlying HR data (just not showing it but when you wear your watch during workout it will record HR) or like for swimming - be totally made up. When tracking swimming HR sensor is explicitly disabled but user still gets AZM. The truth is that you will never know, Fitbit won't tell and we can only be guessing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask how you are getting anything synced from Strava at all? My Strava app says it's connected to Fitbit. But Fitbit receives nothing at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@groundzero I don't get anything from Strava. Never did. I get my activities synced to Strava. For me, it always worked in one direction 🤷

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, okay. I wanted to use the Fitbit app a little longer because I have one of those Aria scales, which only syncs to Fitbit. But I got an Apple Watch for Christmas, and like it so, so much better. So I'll probably get a new scale that interacts with that environment. I know Fitbit can't connect to the Apple Watch, but I saw several posts online saying you could connect the Apple Watch to Strava, and then Strava to Fitbit. In both directions. However, apparently not! 

Oh well. I got a decade out of Fitbit, and the first few years, it was really good. So I'm happy about that. Now it's time to finally move to something better.

Best Answer
0 Votes