Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App reporting too many calories from MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have an Alta HR and I record calories through MyFitnessPal and sync them to the Fitbit App. Up until three days ago this was working great! Now the Fitbit app is recording multiple instances of meals from MyFitnessPal. On Sunday it recorded Lunch twice, on Monday it recorded Breakfast 4 times and dinner twice, and yesterday it recorded Lunch three times. Needless to say, the calorie counts in Fitbit are way off. 

I tried resetting my Fitbit with the cable and disconnected and reconnected my Fitbit account from MyFitnessPal. The only thing I haven't done is delete and reinstall the Fitbit app which I don't want to do because of the historical data. Can someone help me out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @princessjae.

Thanks for trying all of those steps to get the connection between MFP and Fitbit to work correctly to no avail.

In this case I'd like to ask for some screenshots about how it is showing on your Fitbit account, the duplicates for example.

As for reinstalling the app, the data is all stored in our servers and not in your phone so even if you uninstall the app and then install it again, all of your data will remain there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Image-1 (3).jpgImage-1 (2).jpgImage-1 (1).jpg

Here are the screenshots of the logging issue in the app. What do you suggest I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @princessjae.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots.

What is particularly noteworthy for me is that the multiple summaries do not have the exact same number of calories. 

In this case I'd recommend trying to get in touch with MFP directly. Given that the integration is developed by them then they should be able to look at what is going on with the data that is being sent over to Fitbit.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes