Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Calorie Settings and MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello fellow Fitbit and MyFitnessPal members!

Here's my situation. I'm a 5'2 female. I recently weighed in at 145.4 lbs with my goal weight being 130. I have my weight loss deficit set to 1.5 lbs/wk in MFP and Fitbit, and I'm using an Alta HR. I have my activity level on MFP set to "Lightly Active" because, despite me doing a lot of walking around at my job, hitting close to 10k steps on most days, I tend to stress-eat. I am worried if I set the aforementioned activity level too high I'll give myself too many calories, so I'm trying to keep myself in check.

MFP gave me the default of 1200 cals to eat a day, but being a Premium member I have it set to 1350 cals for 6 out of 7 days a week, with Friday as my full blown cheat day. I've been using the Personalized setting in Fitbit's food plan since I have a constant schedule with the exception of my workouts, a WIP since I'm starting to add strength training into my routine. I've been losing roughly a half a pound to a pound a week, and have been usually eating anywhere between 1400-1700 cals a day on my non-cheat days. (About half of my diet is processed food just because I'm a fussy eater, but I've been watching my portions and have been sneaking in more protein in the form of eggs or protein shakes.)

If I do want to lose 1.5 pounds a week, I guess my question is should I stick with the Personalized food option for now or set my Fitbit to the 1350 cals I have in MFP as my calorie budget (which I'm scared to do simply because I don't want to be depriving myself and end up overeating)? I've been at this for close to a month (started off at close to 154 but a stomach virus came and I lost 4 pounds in a week). I simply am not sure how to gauge (which I'm awful at doing in general) and make adjustments.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

My TrendWeight|
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @bruinsgirl33.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your experience. Congratulations on the lost weight and all of the effort you have put on your journey! 

In this case I'd say that setting the calorie goal target to match the MFP budget. That would ensure that you get the same information on both ends and thus have an easier time tracking all of the information and making sure you get to that goals. Having said that, Fitbit doesn't have the option to remove one day from the goal so you would miss the goal on your cheat days.

From everything you've said I'd say that you are doing great. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes