Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Loseit and Garmin Connect uploads

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been following the add food to loseit and exercise to fitbit mantra, and it works fairly well until you reach exercises that fitbit doesn't record very well.  I have a Garmin Forerunner for runs(seems to be a more accurate estimate of calorie burn than fitbit as it incorporates HR and elevation) and the Edge for my cycling workouts.  Here is the real question.   Do I wear my fitbit or not during these exercises? 

Also, since I have all the calorie burn and timing info via the garmin watches, do I create a manual entry in fitbit during the time of garmin workouts and populate the data with the info from the Garmin and will this manual entry override the fitbit calorie info but keep the steps recorded during the run/ride?  I have also heard I need to create an "activity" via the force button during hte actual garmin recorded activity, but I have not found out how to edit an "activity" recorded via the force?

Richard Mann
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I also use the Garmin Edge and Forerunner and would like to be able to sync those to mit FitBit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution I use is http://www.fitdatasync.com/, which will sync your Garmin Connect entries to your Fitbit account, and give you the accurate step, distance and calorie burn appropriate to that activity.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

John,

Thanks for the info.  Another question.  Do you wear your fit bit during your garmin recorded exercises?  I don't want to double dip.

Richard Mann
Best Answer
0 Votes

I sometimes do...but manually-added activities override the Fitbit steps and distance for the same period of time, so you can go either way. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree - I would like to see fitbit take data direct from Garmin and other OEM GPS and HRM devices - as well as data platforms, like Strava.  Transcription and manual integration is too painful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitdatasync.com is an abandoned website.  The lights are out and there is no customer service.  Dimitri (the guy who started it) is on some permanent vacation.

Best Answer
0 Votes