Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit adding more calories than posted in MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I started using my Zip this past Saturday. Every day I have put my meals into My Fitness Pal. For some reason when I look at my dashboard for my Fitbit, I have multiple lunches or dinners listed, each with different calorie counts. I end up being way over my allotment for the day. Is this a fixable glitch? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Daisyloooo, I've noticed you are new around, welcome aboard to our Community.

If the issue persist on a daily basis with the calories the best solution in this scenarios is relink both of your accounts. so try the following: 

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I have this same problem fairly regularly although it seems to happen arbitrarily. Following your instructions, the link you provided is being re-directed to https://www.fitbit.com/ca/partnership. When I click on the MFP logo on that page, it just gives me details about the MFP app, which I obviously already have. I'm sure there are instructions here somewhere for linking the two devices, as I've done it before, so I'll go root around and find them, but just so you know, the instructions you've provided don't work because of the link redirection. Cheers, and thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes