Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit & FitStar Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How long does it take for FitStar to sync my workouts to Fitbit?

I keep performing workouts and they are not syncing so I am logging them in manually and labeling them as "Tabata Workouts", whatever those are...

Also, whenever I log food on my iPhone Fitbit dashboard and then try to edit; the edits will not hold. However, if i go to the desktop Fitbit dashboard and edit then they hold and iPhone app syncs as well... Why wont they hold when i edit from iPhone Fitbit dashboard app?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please read below, I added brackets "[ ]" to what I added to Fitbit's suggested remedy as this is what worked for me and I used existing email and did not lose any data!

For us to help you with this, kindly disconnect and reconnect FitStar and Fitbit by going to app.fitstar.com and logging into your account. 

To relink the account you created by registering with Fitbit and link it to your main account, complete these steps: 

1. Go to app.fitstar.com and log in to your FitStar account with the option to login with Fitbit. 

2. Click the menu icon in the top right corner, and choose Settings. 

3. Click "Email and Password" and add an email address and password to your account.

[Or if you already have an email address entered just leave it]

Please note that the email address you use must be different from any other email address you've used for an existing FitStar account.

[Not true in my case as I only have one email address and I had already previously entered it when logging in through Fitbit and left this email address here and just did all the above and then logged in through Fitstar instead of through Fitbit. It did not seem to be immediate in working; however I know the very next evening I did 4 workouts and all of them synced and logged to Fitbit.]

4. Next, click "Services" and disconnect Fitbit. 

In addition to that, please be advise that disconnecting and reconnecting will not sync their past history but should insure that any future sessions sync correctly.

[This is not true either; if you keep your existing email address as I did you keep all your existing data! Yay! Awesome!]

You'll now be able to link your main FitStar account to your Fitbit. Let us know if you have any further questions.

[Thank you Fitstar for sticking with me on this issue!]

Moderator edit: format

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @FOGBURN

Have moved your post from the Charge HR to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please read below, I added brackets "[ ]" to what I added to Fitbit's suggested remedy as this is what worked for me and I used existing email and did not lose any data!

For us to help you with this, kindly disconnect and reconnect FitStar and Fitbit by going to app.fitstar.com and logging into your account. 

To relink the account you created by registering with Fitbit and link it to your main account, complete these steps: 

1. Go to app.fitstar.com and log in to your FitStar account with the option to login with Fitbit. 

2. Click the menu icon in the top right corner, and choose Settings. 

3. Click "Email and Password" and add an email address and password to your account.

[Or if you already have an email address entered just leave it]

Please note that the email address you use must be different from any other email address you've used for an existing FitStar account.

[Not true in my case as I only have one email address and I had already previously entered it when logging in through Fitbit and left this email address here and just did all the above and then logged in through Fitstar instead of through Fitbit. It did not seem to be immediate in working; however I know the very next evening I did 4 workouts and all of them synced and logged to Fitbit.]

4. Next, click "Services" and disconnect Fitbit. 

In addition to that, please be advise that disconnecting and reconnecting will not sync their past history but should insure that any future sessions sync correctly.

[This is not true either; if you keep your existing email address as I did you keep all your existing data! Yay! Awesome!]

You'll now be able to link your main FitStar account to your Fitbit. Let us know if you have any further questions.

[Thank you Fitstar for sticking with me on this issue!]

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I can not log into Fitstar using Fitbit as u suggested since get: "We're sorry, but something went wrong." In the middle of the page leaving me w nothing further to do(?)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LaurieLou

You actually want to login to Fitstar with Fitstar account (NOT through Fitbit account)

If you have not logged in ever, create an account in FitStar and log in with FitStar.

If you already logged into FitStar through Fitbit, then follow instructions above in my posted reply.

Hope this helps...I know it is frustrating, they should just not allow you to login throuhg Fitbit or fix it all together...so you can log in eaither way and it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried your instructions above but it won't let me disconnect from my Fitbit.? Help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You must log into the Fitstar account that has the Fitbit connected to FitStar.  Scroll down to the connections and "Disconnect" the Fitbit from that account.  You can then log into the correct Fitstar account and Connect your Fitbit to that account.  hth - worked for me

Best Answer

I tried several times on my just purchased Charge 2. It keeps forcing me back to my email and password already put in.

I logged out and tried to re-enter but that did not work either as It said my email was not recognized.So I tried gain but to no avail, it keeps asking me for my name and password.

Thanks 

Hippie Buddhist.

Best Answer
0 Votes