Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
badams326
Jogger

It would be great to Sync the Garmin G20 with the FitBit app when I finish my round of golf.

emteeka
First Steps

Would love to sync Aria data with Garmin Connect so that I don't have to enter my weight manually into Garmin. This will help me to get accurate calorie burns in Garmin. 

DepWraith
Recovery Runner

Please allow me to transfer my Garmin data into fitbit.

Veleo11
First Steps

Hi, understand that currently we are only able to sync fitbit to runkeeper.com it will be good if fitbit can work with runkeeper and get it synced easily and seamlessly through runkeeper app similar like garmin connect. 

aFitGarmin
First Steps

I agree. Most of my friends wear fitbit. I have a garmin forerunner 235 and garmin vivomove that i adore. I love the way the fitbit app tracks water and food calories and weight. I wish i could sync my garmin steps to my fitbit app, and participate in step challenges. 

TDA
Recovery Runner

Allowing to sync your steps/sleep/weight from Garmin to Fitbit would mean you don't need to buy a Fitbit device to compare your stats with your friends.

It would be so highly appreciated by the community but... It's not good business for Fitbit sales.

I've seen many customers go for a Fitbit device instead of a Garmin (which would suit them better), just because their friends/family were already using Fitbit.

So... their strategy not allowing to sync kinda works.

Realistically, such integration is unfortunately never going to happen.

Strava by comparison is no risk as they only share activities.

So... in the meanwhile I recommend using third party services like Stridekick or InKin, which can act as a single dashboard, gathering steps (as well as weight and sleep on InKin) from a wide range of devices (including Fitbit and Garmin).

So you get the social features, without being locked to the device manufacturer.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for your suggestions. We are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. For the past few years, we’ve been the leader in developing direct partnerships through our open API with hundreds of the most popular health apps, wellness programs, incentive systems, and other services that have enabled people like you to make the most of your products and data. In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

With regards to your proposed integrations, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

Danket
Jogger

Can I use the fitbit dashboard to get info from my Garmin watch?

SteveH
Community Legend

Sorry, but no.

Richard513
Jogger

I’ve been lucky enough to have received a Fitbit Blaze and Garmin Edge from Santa and was wondering if there were any plans on merging the 2 platforms? I’ve found apps (Endomondo is one that I’m using at the moment). But would rather see all the information on the my Fitbit dashboard. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

hsantos
First Steps

If not, can you manually enter data to fitbit?  For example, my battery died and I didn't have time to charge it before a run.  I used my Garmin.  Can I then take that data and manually input it into my fitbit account.  I can do it with Nike or Garmin.  Just wondering if it can be done with Fitbit.

SteveH
Community Legend

Yes, you can manually log an activity. If you log a walk or run then you can specify distance or steps. There's a guide to doing this here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1144/

Danket
Jogger
So know way for the Fitbit dashboard to access my data automatically?
SteveH
Community Legend

No, that's not possible.

hsantos
First Steps

Thank you!

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mjmcginniss, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Richard513 I also merged your idea in this one because they are the same suggestion. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Silverx
First Steps

Hi Fitbit Community,

I'm looking to switch from Garmin to Fitbit. Is there anyway I can shift my data in Garmin to Fitbit instead of starting a new sheet?

Thanks.

MakMak
10K Racer

HI, @Silverx! Unfortunately, there's no easy way to port that data over.

Silverx
First Steps

But is it possible?

So there's no incentive for me to switch over? =(

LuAnn313
First Steps

Will you allow the Garmin watch app sync to fitbit so I can compete with Fitbit wearers?  I started out with Fitbit but hated carrying my phone everywhere. Garmin has own gps.

NSDIVING
Jogger

It would be awesome if both my Fitbit and Garmin shared data with each other.  Right now I have to wear both and it looks weird.  I wear both because they both have great features and my family is invested in Fitbit not Garmin.  Both companies have the same goal, and ive obviously already invested and paid for both, now lets build an app that shares the data between both companies please.

thank you

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

mtstaffa
Runner

Slightly related to your topic and might shed some light on why Fitbit and Garmin don't share data... I work for Asken Diet and we connect with Fitbit. I also looked in to connecting with Garmin but they charge $5,000 to connect to their API. My team is small and we chose not to pay that much money for API access. Fitbit of course is a big company but the idea of paying for API access might be something they don't want to do. Just my 2 cents and info I wanted to share.

WavyDavey
10K Racer

@NSDIVING wrote:

Both companies have the same goal

That's the rub--they're competitors, with an interest in keeping their data in-house. Kind of the same issue with Apple, Spotify, etc. I believe people who use both garmin and fitbit use 3rd party apps like Strava to somewhat sync between the two. Full sync wouldn't be possible, as the two systems don't have the same metrics (e.g. active minutes aren't the same on both platforms). But as customers we can hope..

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.