Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Map My Ride connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used Map My Ride for several years, mostly for bike rides.  The app and the website both say they are connected to my Fitbit.  I went XC skiing and logged it as a hike.  At the end, my Fitbit told me how long I had been out, how far I'd gone, etc.  But there's no connection to Map My Ride.  It doesn't show up.  I went to the Map My Ride website and synced the device.  Nothing.  Will my watch send info to the app or not? 

Moderator Edit: Labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

When you did cross country skiing, did you have GPS enabled? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  When I look in the settings it says Connected GPS is on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.  I've been using MapMyRide for skiing for quite a while.  Today I was on the mountain and Fitbit shows no exercise.  I would have thought that, since there as are connected, some sort of activity would show up.  Your idea of logging it as a jog might work, though the fact that there are few "steps" registered will still probably confuse my Fitbit versa 2.  

To bad there is no support for snow/ice sports or for importing data properly from connected apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlanJOQ connected apps are responsible for their connection with Fitbit, of the third party app decides not to send your data to Fitbit, that is their decision, not fitbits. 

Best Answer
0 Votes