Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and MyFitnessPal Calorie Adjustment

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've synced my zip (fitbit) to myfitnesspal (app). My setting in MFP is set to "not very active," my issue is my steps are 4296 (example), but my fitbit has still allotted 295 burned calories (exercise). Now MFP will use this in my net calorie calculation, allowing me consume an additional 295 calories - how could this be possible. Seems unrealistic...if I took 10,000 steps daily, and have MFP goal set to loose 2 lbs / week ..I'd probably end up consuming way over my allowable calories due to the fitbit adjustment... am I right? ..the fitbit adjustment just seems too good to be true..maybe some reassurance before I indulge...thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @SunsetRunner, good to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community. With your Fitbit account while your calorie budget resets to a certain number at the start of each day, as the day progresses your calorie budget fluctuates based on your activity, increasing when it projects you will exceed your average daily calorie burn (for example if you go on a big run in the morning) and decreasing/normalizing when your activity slows later on. Perhaps the following post might be of your help: MyFitnessPal, Fitbit and Calorie Counting.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto - To piggyback off the initial inquiry, this is the issue I've been facing:

I went on a run this morning and in MFP, I see two adjustments: Fitbit Tracker Calorie Adjustment, and just below that, the workout itself listing the number of calories I've burned. As a result, both the adjustment AND the number of calories I've burned have been added (practically duplicated) to the number of calories I have left for the day. 

I've tried simply deleting the workout from MFP so the only adjustment listed is from the Fitbit tracker itself. However, when I delete the workout to get the appropriate addition of calories, it also deletes the workout from my Fitbit Dashboard. I am not manually adding this workout - it seems to be auto-logged. Is there a known way to delete the workout (calories burned number) without it being deleted from Fitbit altogether? Also, sorry for being late to the party. 

Best Answer
0 Votes