Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Myfitnesspal not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I fitbit and myfitnesspal haven't synced in a week. I've tried uninstalling both apps, disconnecting fitbit and myfitnesspal on each app and reconnecting and still nothing! Using blaze and Samsung s7......PLEASE HELP!!!!
Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Welcome back @Peahead! Thanks for unlink and relink both applications. In this case, I would like you to contact MyFitnessPal directly so they can further investigate it. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm finding it impossible to sync my Flex2 to My Fitness Pal so I can consider calories burned as well. I tried disconnecting and re connecting (from both sides) on a pc and it didn't fix it. I also tried manually adding in an excersize but that synced back to FitBit and messed up my calorie count on that end. I just got my first FitBit and I am really disappointed because this was a feature I most looking forward too. I even tried calling customer service and they couldn't help me.

Moderator edit: Edited subject for clarity

Best Answer

I'm getting the same issues on the android app, but not been able to find a solution either. Here's hopign they address this issue soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

trying to add MyFitnessPal but it states one MFP account already added, on checking applications on fitbit there is an old MFP account there and I have tried to revoke access but it keeps coming back.  how do I get rid of this in applications so I can link up with my current MyFitnessPal account?  thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am experiencing difficulties in getting my Fitbit app to sync with MyFitnessPal since the software updates. any help appreciated.
Best Answer
I'm having the same issues with this. Everything else syncs up but the calories I take in even after i input them into myfitness pal. I have even restarted my fit bit. Please let me know if you find out the solution.
Best Answer

Allow me to help you @JudieBil! Once you revoke access from "applications", MyFitnessPal should be removed. I would like you to double check that your MFP and Fitbit don't have any account linked already. 

Please go to your Dashboard > click on settings > applications > MFP > revoke. access. After this, log out of your account and back in and check that there are no applications linked anymore. 

Regarding MyFitnessPal, go to your account > click on apps > look for Fitbit > if it says "installed" click on it and finally click on "disconnect". (If you found MFP and it doesn't say installed, this means that your MFP account isn't linked to any Fitbit account). 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Allow me to help you @PrincessPusheen! Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've done. Fitbit should sync steps and weight to MFP. Instead, MyFitnessPal will sync activity, food and weight.

I would like to get more details about this situation: What exactly happened when your activity synced? (Keep in mind that when you log an activity, you shouldn't use your tracker or this will override your data). Have you tried logging food? Is it syncing? 

Additionally, you may want to check third-party information post. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had my Flex and MFP syned for about a month now and all has been well untill today.  Tonight after logging my dinner in MFP, I noticed that the "calories in" did not register with my fitbit.  It seems it took my breakfast and snacks but it doesnt seem that lunch and dinner have synced.  (MFP shows my steps from fitbit.)  I revoked access to MFP and then reconnected and disconnected MFP from Fitbit nad then reconnected but it still doenst work.  Any thoughts?

Best Answer

Same here. It's not worked since Friday. But it seems the myfitnesspal app on my phone is not synching with their web browser so not sure where the fault is. 

Best Answer

Hello!

I recently updated my iphone. After updating I simply backed up my iphone via the restore option. However, since after backing it up the calorie adjustment from MFP isn't being updated in Myfitnesspal(MFP). I've tried disconnecting the fitbit from MFP, revoking the liscence and then connecting again - in short everything! But i'm not getting anywhere. 

Can anyone please guide me on how I can fix this. 

Also, what's interesting is that the information from MFP is being updated in Fitbit - the food enteries that is. However, the food enteries from the day that the phone was synced aren't transferred. On all the subsequent days the enteries from MFP to FitBit are there!

TL;DR: FitBit to MFP working FitBit. FitBit to MFP not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Having the same problem. Also tried disconnecting, didn't work. Hoping someone chimes in here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@axb1907 @Fitmom1019 @ste Welcome to our Community! The information is exchanged between your Fitbit account and your MyFitnessPal account so you don't need to restart your tracker. Once the tracker has synced with your Fitbit account the information is stored in it and it will be a job of both platforms to share the information. If you aren't seeing this information then try unlinking your Fitbit account from MFP and your MFP account from the Fitbit account. Clear your browser's cache and cookies and relink them again.

You can also check MFP known issues list and their recommendations.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to get new phone, and now I can't get my Fitbit HR to sync with My fitness pal either.  I've disconnected and reconnected, reinstalled and still nothing.  I am now on Iphone 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Having the same problem for the last four days. I hope someone posts a resolution soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.

Since the 21st of october my fitbit app does not sync with my Myfitnesspal app. It does not show the amount of calories eaten and how much I have burned. When I enter Myfitnesspal and go to apps and devices, the fitbit connection is visible but I can't disconnect. I tried to revoke the link on the page but after it is gone for 5 minutes it reappears later.

I had an incident with the cable of the fitbit and I had to order a new one and in the mean time (around that same date) it stopped tracking. The rest of the tracker does function perfect, it is just the connection between the apps that is faulty.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Missy29 @rubywrx @emerald_giraffe @Knijn Welcome to the Community! Thank you so much for those details that you've mentioned. If you've already tried to disconnect and connect both applications again. Then please contact MyFitnessPal, it seems that they already filed a ticket so their team can investigate it. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Hello SilviaFitbit,

Thank you for your answer. It seems to me this is indeed a MyFitnessPal problem, lots of peoplie are experiencing troubles like me.

Knijn

Best Answer
I hope so too! But looks like there has been no update 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes