Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Peloton logged activities

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Peloton and I linked it to my Fitbit. When I started my call today, I started it as cycling on my Charge 5. When I completed the class, my Fitbit logged both...it logged the Peloton class as a workout and my cycling on top of it. Both are drastically different. For my Fitbit, the calories burned were over 400 ( I was dying lol) and for Peloton, it was only 277. I was 45mins in the zone so now it is saying I was in the zone 90mins. 

Question is- should I just delete the Peloton one and unlink it or Fitbit? I don't want it to be inaccurate and double logging. Or, do I just not log it as cycling on my watch when I start, and will whatever I do during that workout count on my calories, etc and then the Peloton calories on top of it? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there, @RandoMando. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your data. @t.parker Thank you so much for your help and all the information you've shared here!

Please note every workout that is posted to Fitbit will be logged as an exercise and will include the length of your workout, distance and calories burned. With this all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your device are overridden for the duration of the logged activity by the activity's values. This ensures that your calories are not counted twice. You can find the additional details at: https://support.pelotoncycle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000182786-Peloton-X-Fitbit-FAQs.

For more information about connecting your Fitbit account with another app, please see this help article How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I've moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations board for organization purposes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@RandoMando it depends. How Peloton estimates calories? If it uses a power meter then this method is more accurate than using HR. You need to decide whichever you prefer and which one you may need to delete (or just unpair/not track). "Dying" doesn't mean you burned more. It may just mean you're lacking aerobic endurance. Modern stationary bikes use the power meter to estimate your energy output. If you use the power I'd stick with power as it's a more reliable metric.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, @RandoMando. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your data. @t.parker Thank you so much for your help and all the information you've shared here!

Please note every workout that is posted to Fitbit will be logged as an exercise and will include the length of your workout, distance and calories burned. With this all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your device are overridden for the duration of the logged activity by the activity's values. This ensures that your calories are not counted twice. You can find the additional details at: https://support.pelotoncycle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000182786-Peloton-X-Fitbit-FAQs.

For more information about connecting your Fitbit account with another app, please see this help article How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I've moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations board for organization purposes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes