Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Strava or other suggestions?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wife is a nurse so not allowed to wear watches at work so has a Fitbit One clipped to her bra whilst working. But this isn't particularly good for training out with work like runs, gym work, classes etc. 

But she likes Fitbit app and community. 

Wanting a watch that does more for way of running including split times, gps, programmable routes, intervals etc. I have a Surge but don't think it does all that she wants. 

She has seen some TomTom watches that do though, and you can sync these to Strava. And Fitbit imports from Strava. 

So could she get any other device that syncs with Strava and therefore be synced with Fitbit? 

So is her solution to wear the One for work and normal activities, and then when gym or running take it off and put watch on?

Would  appreciate any feedback from those that may have done similar?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @BobbyGrant, good to see you've joined to our Fitbit Community. I've shared similar histories with different users, they are not allow to wear a wristbands on their jobs; like the scenario you mentioned here with your wife and due to her profession I can understand why.

If your wife want to track her exercise using TomTom Watches, the most important thing to consider is what information share Fitbit with Strava. Note that the information may vary from where is coming the information; to explain better this point is worth to mention what information share this integration.

Exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava. Heart rate data will be included when it's available. Although exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are not currently sent to Strava.

Now from the other hand, exercises recorded in Strava will be synced to Fitbit as manually logged activities, but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava. So I'm not sure if this is the best option, since it will only show the basic form of the exercise on Fitbit.

In my opinion, I recommend to your wife the Charge 2. It will provide her: Split time, connected GPS with the phone and Intervals. Programmable routes still is not an option. You can learn more about the new features in our post for Charge 2 Firmware Update 22.48.14.

To learn more about the Charge 2 you can visit: https://www.fitbit.com/charge2

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that response - gives me something to look further into.

As with all technology, you are always drawn to look at "what do I get if I spend a bit more" although in this case I am not too sure exactly what my wife needs!

I have had a Surge for nearly a year now and I must look into the details of exactly what it does!

Best Answer
0 Votes