Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app adding more calories than logged in My Fitness Pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit app seems to be adding on calories that I haven’t logged in MFP, today I logged approx 1800 calories in MFP and my Fitbit app is showing over 2000. It’s been doing things for a few days, any ideas how to fix?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @SlinkyJinxed what type of calories did you log into MFP? Incoming as in food, or outgoing as in an exercise? 

Fitbit adds the calories your body uses to keep itself alive, BMR. 

I'm not sure if an answer so I moved your third party question out of Hardware Support and into Third Party Support. Hope full someone can give some insight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for your reply, it was food and up until the last few days MFP and Fitbit would show exactly the same figures but now my food/calories logged on MFP are correct but Fitbit is showing as more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it after you change or delete items in your food log? If so, it’s a glitch with MFP. If you login to the MFP website so you’ll see all the duplicate entries. You have to manually delete them and then Re sync to your Fitbit. 

Best Answer

For years users have used Fitbit to monitor the activity and MFP for the recommended calorie intake. 

Users felt that entering food into MFP is easier and the caloric guidelines more accurate when it comes to weight loss. 

Personally I would be surprised if any two diet apps completely agree. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it was just logging food, no changes made, seems to be ok today though. Fingers crossed the glitch has been sorted. Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I do personally find MFP a lot more user friendly and although they may not agree the data should transfer over as it has done in previous days. Seems to be ok today though so hopefully the glitch has been sorted. 

Best Answer