Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app and MyFitnessPal app not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have connected the the fitbit app to my fitnesspal app. My calories eaten from myfitnesspal are transfering over to fitbit, but my steps and workouts from fitbit are not transfering over to myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

Thank you for the update @natp7. I'm happy to hear that you are back on track and that it took this easy steps to get both apps to work properly.

Any other questions or comments, feel free to post back.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I tried all the recommendations throughout this thread, and I finally got MFP to log my steps (after going as far as natp7 and unistalling and re-installing each program), but my excersize is still not syncing over. Everything else is linking fine... ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Kanedemonium! I'm glad to hear your steps are syncing to your MFP account. I wanted to clarify that your activities or exercise will work the other way around. This information will sync from MFP to your Fitbit account. This is the way your information communicates between MFP and Fitbit:

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Best Answer

Thanks @Mcore. Woke up this morning and everything was syncing again. Figures... 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news @Kanedemonium! Thank you for replying back and giving me an update.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this, because my steps and workouts don't show up in MFP either, but I can't find MFP on my Fitbit dashboard anywhere? In MFP they are connected though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @AMGdeW! Not to worry, log to your Applications Page and click on "Revoke Access" in order to unlink your Fitbit account from MFP. To relink, follow the instructions listed in this thread.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for getting back to me but it already works. No idea what happened though 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great to hear @AMGdeW! Keep up the good work then. Robot Very Happy

Any other questions or comments, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all, I'm the next one having issues with not syncing. I read all threads, and tried all solutions and still no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and rewoke/woke access. The only change is that I do see a line showing steps in the dashboard under 'Calories Remaining', but shows 0 steps. While I've got 2 days walk/ exercise to sync. Or is it starting from 0 the next time I move? No idea what else to do to make them sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for being part of the Fitbit Community @gkata! I wanted to ask, are you having syncing issues with your tracker or with MFP? From what you explained, it seems like your tracker is still not paired to your Fitbit account. Have you made sure you completed the setup process properly? You can follow the steps listed in this post to do so.

Give this a try and let me know if you still need help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the help, I managed to fix it. I had other issues as well, turns
out I was using the wrong account. It's all synced now. However there is a
little issue. I can see all steps in MyFitnessPal but it shows 0 calories
burned.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm very happy to hear this @gkata! I recommend you keep an eye on your MFP account, sometimes it can take a couple of hours for this data to appear, specially if you just synced your data. 

Let me know if you are able to see this information later on today. Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, yes indeed I can see the adjustment now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these things before and it unfortunately didn' t fix the overlap and tracking. I both apps, reinstalled FitBit, then later reinstalled the MFP app and connected everything again. Now I'm only using the MFP app to track (which i think was my issue before) but it won't sync my fitbit steps. I tried to disconnect them agian but it goes to the page where I would tap disconnect and goes straight back to the "my apps" page. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

love my fitbit but got it for the sole purpose of wanting to accurately count calories burned vs calories put in, via sync of myfitnesspal. extremely disappointed i have not been able to do this despite all efforts, as i see some are having this issue as well.
on myfitnesspal.com and fitbit.com online both acknowledges that they are synced and should allow interaction between the two. 

however, on myfitnesspal app, no steps being put in by fitbit, no meals being flowed to fitbit. it doesnt even ackowledge on the app itself that i have another app attached to it, or let me add it. It follows me up to the online version that says its done. yet no change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you JOJO for your post. The last step was my problem! MFP was configured to use iPhone step tracker. Set to Fitbit and success!!!

"And the most important bit), in the MFP app on your phone, go to More > Steps and you should see its set to "Don't track steps", select FitBit from the list and now the steps should be showing again on your home page in both the MFP App and website along with the Exercise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

So, if I understand right, my fitbit will automatically log my workouts and calories burned based on heartrate or me starting a timed workout. But it will not push that to MFP? I have seen workouts I log in MFP sync to fitbit, which is what it sounds like you've said here... but that kind of defeats the purpose. Why doesn't it log in that direction, since fitbit is really the "activity" home/source, and MFP is the "all stuff" destination?

If you have to use it as-is (assuming I'm reading it right), then it creates not only the extra work of having to log it in MFP, but then having to DELETE it in Fitbit.

1 - do I understand this correctly, and

2 - is there ever a plan to remedy this? It's a major drawback, significant enough that I would have considered a different brand and will for future/friends&family purchases.

Thanks in advance for your help...

-Tiffany

Best Answer
Can you tell me why exercise does not sync both ways? The main use of Myfitnesspal is to log my calorie intake, which is greatly impacted by my exercise. It seems like a serious flaw that Myfitnesspal will recognise steps logged by Fitbit but not exercise. Sure, I can put it in manually, but then I get duplicated exercise in Fitbit, which I have to manually delete. This is patently ridiculous.
Best Answer

So far for me, everything that's not steps.

Yoga, running, HIIT - anything that is tracked in Fitbit as an *exercise* (not calories from steps) doesn't pass to MFP, at least for me.

I completely agree with you on how ludicrous that is. Same here - I'm heavily dependent upon exercise for what I eat. 

Best Answer