Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app and MyFitnessPal app not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have connected the the fitbit app to my fitnesspal app. My calories eaten from myfitnesspal are transfering over to fitbit, but my steps and workouts from fitbit are not transfering over to myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

I am having troubles with my fitbit registering extra calories from MFP.  It will give me several dinner summaries on a given day sometimes pushing me oer 2000 calories for one meal, one being correct while the others are phantom numbers.  How can I delete those extra entries on my fitbit or correct the problem?

Best Answer
I'm having the same problem with Fitbit showing multiple dinner summaries each day from MFP. I'm having to go into my dashboard each day and delete them. It's getting old. Been happening for over a week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have connected my Fitbit Charge HR to My Fitness Pal but cannot get either of them to actually recognize the other. Neither transfers information from one to the other. I would really like to see my steps transfer to MFP or calories transfer to FB. Please advise how to fix this. I have uninstalled both apps and reinstalled, logged out and logged back in... and disconnected and reconnected the fitbit on MFP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
I am having the same problem done it all but when I go to the last and most important step there is no Fitbit app to select for step counting? Why is this so? I have followed every other step.
Best Answer
Why is this happening? I have the same problem! My food syncs from MFP to Fitbit but no calories are going from Fitbit to MFP. Like everyone else, I've disconnected and reconnected several times. Not impressed 😁
Best Answer

This needs to get fixed. Loosing weight is hard enough. I could use all the accuracy in my calories as possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this post which acknowledges that there is an issue and they are working to resolve it. If they are actually working on a fix or not I don't know but I hope so. I guess we will see but I am going to keep tracking this post to see if they update it. https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16355080-fitbit-steps-not-transferring-to-mf...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to join the bandwagon, but my tracker and MFP accounts no longer sync. I've been watching threads like this for a while, and the one that was last linked. Still nothing. Aside from the steps listed throughout this thread, I'm not sure what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kohanai It's probably best to keep an eye on updates from MyFitnessPal, yesterday they posted this:

"Hello folks, 

Starting in April some members started reporting that their Fitbit steps and calorie adjustments are not syncing to their MyFitnessPal accounts. We are aware of an issue affecting some members and are looking into a fix for this issue. 

In the meantime, please be sure that you have Fitbit selected as your step source. 

To do so, please visit the Steps section of your app or on the website here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we do all we can to restore the connection to normal sync as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you,
MyFitnessPal Staff"

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, add yet another to the ever growing list. Question is, does it matter what type of Fitbit device your using? I would assume there are a few million people out there using the two apps together and yet there's only a few here?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @AndrewFitbit, I appreicate the info. I'll just keep an eye out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't seen an update from MyFitnessPal, but my account appears to be syncing today after reselecting Fitbit as my step counter.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I might be a year late on this one...but I just got the fitbit blaze and i have the exact same problem. my workouts dont transfer over to MyfitnessPal

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past year my steps and calories would transfer over to MFP including weight as well.  Now for the past month the only thing that transfers over is my weight my step and calories no longer transfer over on mine or my wifes account.  This is so **ahem**ing annoying and seems to be an ongoing issue.  When is this going to bve fixed?  This is so annoying and makes me think twice about continuing with firbit if I can't sync with other apps.

Fitbit One + MyFitnessPal = - 100lbs
::You can't outrun your fork ::
Best Answer

I have tried those steps and my fitbit will not sync to MFP.

Best Answer

@Juanita_P Which steps are you referring to? Have you tried this?

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

And, on a similar note, if we wish to GAIN wait (5 pounds or less, say), how can we get the FitBit to appreciate that, rather than operating based on "maintaining" numbers?

Hope the question makes sense.  Thanks!

Best Answer
Hi AndrewfitbitI was referring to the steps that melissafitbit suggested in a previous comment and I also tried the ones that you suggested and none of them seem to work. So at this point I'm not sure what to do.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done everyone of these tricks and my fitness pal will not tell me my fitbit stats.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Juanita_P @Diana2200 Are you looking at the web version or the MyFitnessPal app? Because I notice my steps are actually transferring over if I check here, but a Fitbit calorie adjustment seems to be missing, and my steps aren't showing in the "Diary" section of MFP's app.

@Smee81 I found a feature request related to a gain weight goal, might want to check that out.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes