Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app and MyFitnessPal app not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have connected the the fitbit app to my fitnesspal app. My calories eaten from myfitnesspal are transfering over to fitbit, but my steps and workouts from fitbit are not transfering over to myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

Stay with Fitbit!

LoseIt does the same thing MFP does, and I currently have been using it while MFP does its own weird thing. I recommend LoseIt! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Juanita_P @Diana2200 I spoke with MyFitnessPal; they suggested to try uninstalling and reinstalling the MFP app. That's what worked for me.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I couldn't get my fitbit steps to sync into my MFP app, but resetting it worked! I just went into MFP app, clicked on "More" in bottom right corner, "steps", changed "fitbit tracker" to "don't track steps" and then back to "Fitbit Tracker" and it synced right away!

thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done what you said to do and MFP is still not tracking my info from my Fitbit!  Is there anything else i can try?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your advice on the most important step trying to sync my Fitbit Tracker to MFP was excellent!

Thank you, thank you, thanks a million!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can you explain exactly what you mean when you say exercise and activity works the other way around please? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

MFP and Fitbit syncing steps with each other is an ongoing problem. I have read all the  bloggers comments and done everything multiple times. Yesterday it worked and today it doesn't. I get a message on my Android Fitbit app that says "tracker not found" when it is it not syncing. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't working on my iPhone either. I've tried all the recommended fixes and nothing has worked 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to sync MFP with my Fitbit to no avail. 

I do do not see a revoke icon. I only see connect and disconnect. 

In MFP I can see how many steps I like to take per day, but only see 0 for how many I've taken. 

Help!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this several times and it's still not working. My calories I log into MFP still won't sync with Fitbit. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitness pal has worked perfectly with my fitbit app until 7th December I know can't get either to recognise the other.  

I have revoked access and re connected several times and up dated both apps but can't get it to work any more.  Help!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

delete this post as it's a duplicate by mistake

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Just bought a new blaze to work with my iPhone 7 Plus and it works for a day via communicating my steps to MFP, then no longer communicates the steps to MFP. I'll delete everything, disconnect, reconnect and it works for a day, then it breaks again.

My Microsoft band II worked flawlessly with MFP for over a year until the band broke. My wife's Fitbit Charge HR II works fine with MFP, so I thinking this is a handoff issue with Fitbit for my blaze. I sure hope this gets resolved soon before I return this and get the Samsung band. I need this to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had any issue with my Microsoft Band too. Fitbit needs to get this resolved. Last time i tried working with support they made me run around saying it was an MFP issue and MFP said it was a Fitbit issue. Its been so long that this issue has been open that Fitbit probably doesnt even care anymore. Pathetic 

Best Answer

Looks like MFP had a recent issue with their API.

I checked my own account, steps seem to be syncing over fine now. You can always try the re-linking troubleshoot here if you're still not seeing Fitbit data in MFP.

What motivates you?

Best Answer

II've tired ths revoke/relink and still not getting MFP updates.

Best Answer

Thank you AndrewFitbit for the clear and easy to follow instructions. I've done exactly as you outlined, but I still can't get it work. And now it's not working at all in terms of passing data to MFP even after going through this process. It used to work for a day or two after doing this, and then it would stop all by itself. Something is serously wrong here because none of the other trackers I've used have ever had this type of difficulty. Even my wife's Charge and Charghe II that I bought for her and setup for her simply work, but I've had nothing but problems with this Blaze. I need it to work reliably with MFP, and it's not!

kesava_jedi and Kimmick also have this same issue and we're not sure what to do, but this problem is persistant and we need help or new FitBits from your company if that's what it takes. I really doubt its the Fitbit since the data is getting to the Fitbit app, so it's gotta be a hand off issue to MFP. The peope at MFP are also telling me this is a Fitbit problem. Your company has the ability to figure this out and I truly hope you can come up with a solition soon. I don't have many more days before we can return our new Fitbits and get a different tracker from Samsung, and I don't want to be stuck with a product that continues not to function seemlessly with the most popular fitness and nutrution app out there. This should simply work without issue. If you company wants a systems engineer involved who can troubleshoot this at both the hardware and software level and your company is willing to open up source code, provide schematics, pay his expenses, etc, I know of somebody who will get the job done for you all. 

Thank you for any help you can offer. We really need this resolved in a timely manner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kimmck Try uninstalling and reinstalling the MFP app, make sure you have the latest version.

@Qadsan I'll try to clarify things.

@Qadsan wrote:

Something is serously wrong here because none of the other trackers I've used have ever had this type of difficulty. Even my wife's Charge and Charghe II that I bought for her and setup for her simply work, but I've had nothing but problems with this Blaze. I need it to work reliably with MFP, and it's not!

The type of tracker you own won't matter because the connection is between MFP and Fitbit, the Fitbit tracker itself does not connect to MFP.

@Qadsan wrote:

The peope at MFP are also telling me this is a Fitbit problem. Your company has the ability to figure this out and I truly hope you can come up with a solition soon.

The integration is built by MFP using our open API, which means MFP owns and maintains the integration. There's really nothing that we can do on our end other than provide standard troubleshoots. If there was an issue with our API, then all third-party apps would experience an issue, not just MFP.

I'm not sure why my MFP account is working and yours isn't, but I would suggest continue trying to troubleshoot. MFP might have better insight to the issue, you can always try contacting them again.

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is precisely what is happening here. MFP says it is Fitbits problem and Fitbit says it is MFP's problem.

Also most other trackers post wall updates on MFP. Why cant Fitbit?

Can you expose your API so we can just take the data and write to MFP the way we want?

Best Answer
0 Votes

AndrewFitbit,

uninstalled and reinstalled the MFP app and the fitbit app, then followed the instructions again as I've done many times before and it's been working ok for 3 days now. Uninstalling and reinstalling are the only things I've done differently this time around and so far so good. Thank you AndrewFitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes