Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app and MyFitnessPal app not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have connected the the fitbit app to my fitnesspal app. My calories eaten from myfitnesspal are transfering over to fitbit, but my steps and workouts from fitbit are not transfering over to myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

Hi calimcentiee,

I was having the same problem and spent way more time that I'd like to admit trying to fix it.

For me, the problem was actually something to do with the time zone settings on fitbit and MyFitnessPal.  Make sure the time zone settings are the same for both applications.  Mine were both set to Eastern Standard time, but within the fitbit app I had selected "Automatic time zone: Use network provided time."  Once I deselected this option, my steps and workouts from fitbit began transerring to MyFitnessPal again.

This can easily be change by going into the advanced settings of the fitbit app.

Best Answer

I have connected MFP and gone through the steps to allow it to access fitbit info, however, it gives me a green message saying "Allow MFP to access all data points in Fitbit" without telling me HOW to do that. On the previous screen I did press "Allow" to a bunch of checked boxes, yet nothing is working. My food logged in MFP is NOT transferring over to fitbit and it is very frustrating. I have alread been using MFP for two weeks and would like to make the switch over to fitbit without losing all my data. (Weight measurements, bf %, food logged, etc) 

PLEASE tell me how to fix this

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact opposite problem: my calories from MFP will sync to Fitbit, but my steps from Fitbit won't sync to MFP. 

Best Answer

I am also having that problem did as you suggested and it still isn't working.  I have deleted both apps and reinstalled them that didn't work either.....HELP PLEASE

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear you're having issues, too. Here's the response I got from my
email: If your partner is syncing, but your steps are not, using an App,
first try going to the Menu or More section in the app, and then to Steps.
Using the main website go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers.
Once there, elect to not track any steps, then force quit the app. Wait a
few minutes, then launch the app, return to the Step section and choose
your partner once more. Please note, choosing a partner as a step source
selects that same partner to provide your calorie adjustment: you can not
have two different step sources.

It did work for me, at least for now! Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean partner are you meaning the app one want s to connect to? Really I'm not following you and this didn't connect me. Now what

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is not tracking my steps in MyFitnessPal.  This just started today. I have reset, disconnected, reset my phone several times and I am still having the same problem.  Please help.

Best Answer

Mine used to but it has not this last week. It won't bring info from MyFitnessPal either. What gives? 

Best Answer

MyFitnessPal stopped transferring calories/food diary to Fitbit. 

I revoked Fitbit and disconnected MyFitnessPal then reconnected, logged in and out of accounts, updated apps, and forced sync in both apps- MyFitnessPal is still not transmitting my food diary 😡  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same and Fitbit not sending walking states to MyFitnessPal or loseit. Also fit but won't sync with itself to manually accept the exercises.

I believe it's a fit bit problem as I can not get any new apps to get Fitbit info either. 

Best Answer

Hi Folks, 

Broken record. Same problem, my steps are not registering in MyFitnessPal. However my calories are syncing to Fitbit. I've tried the disconnected and reconnecting on both ends, I've tried adjusting, then correcting time zones. Still nothing. 

The suggestion around the 'Step Tracker' connection. When I go to that subpage, there is no device listed. When I click browse, it simply takes me to the apps page, where Fitbit Tracker is already listed as 'installed'. In addition, the 'do not track steps' line item, it's greyed out and the button beside it says 'Selected'. When I click on that buttong....nothing. Super frustrating. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey RavB,

What worked for me was going into the FitBit app on my phone, going to: Account -> Advanced Settings -> then turning off Automatic Time Zone. (make sure your time zones match on the myfitnesspal website and fitbit website as well)

Once I did this, I went to myfitnesspal and clicked on Steps on the left hand menu and found the Fitbit Tracker.

Hope that works or helps at the very least!

Best Answer

A big thank you for sharing this. After trying every other idea and suggestion, yours finally worked for me!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Figured this out. Click on three dots in bottom right corner for "More."  You will see "Steps" 10 lines down. Click on that. Make sure there is a check mark next to Fitbit tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My MFP won't sync with my calories on my Fitbit dashboard 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, this happens to me again and again. If I RESTART my phone, it
usually will sync Fitbit with MFP calories and steps. Sometimes, if that
doesn't fix the issue, I will turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on 5
minutes later. I really am not tech savvy

And actually purchased a new Fitbit because I thought it was the problem.
Turns out it happens on my new Fitbit too.

Good luck J
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. It finally fixed itself.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes