Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app + polar h10 chest strap

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a charge2 with a main goal of tracking HR during workouts, it was an absolute horror with 0 accuracy (exercising), so i’m returning it and getting an alta HR for everyday use. 

But i do need to track HR during workouts, so i want to get a polar chest strap. I know that you can’t pair it to your fitbit device but i was wondering if the Polar’s info can be imported into the fitbit app? Does that make sense?

So, workout with the chest strap and have the fitbit app register that i worked out and at what rate.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I use Endomondo app. I use an H10 chest strap from Polar and it's app. The Endomondo connects with both Polar and Fitbit so my workouts are now downloading into Fitbit and being saved. 

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I understand your idea, @healthymusic, but I do not see where it would be possible. The Charge 2 will track your exercise ... and the heart rate it perceives. But going thru the various help screens, I don’t see a way to adjust the HR. I would suggest you continue wearing the Charge 2, comparing the HRs on the Charge 2 and the polar chest strap. Over time, the HR may adjust to your “normals.” Tap here for more details on exactly how Fitbit detects HR. You may also find this article interesting. Cardio Fitness Score

Best Answer

I use Endomondo app. I use an H10 chest strap from Polar and it's app. The Endomondo connects with both Polar and Fitbit so my workouts are now downloading into Fitbit and being saved. 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I am in the exact same situation, I am trying to use my Charge 2 with my Fitbit app and my Polar H10 chest strap with my Endomondo and Polar Beat app.  Yes, I wear both on my run/walk.  The HR readings on the two devices are vastly different, about 15-20 BPM different.  anyone else having the same problem?

Best Answer

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation as you are. My Alta HR does not provide accurate heart rate information while I am running, while I find it very pleasant in daily use. I would really like to run in the right heart rate and be able to accurately read it from my Fitbit, but that seems a step too far for now. @Fitbit is there a way to combine a chest strap and my Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi

Can you download Endomondo onto a Versa to pick up Polar H10 chest strap data?  If so, how is this done?

Thanks

Best Answer

You would have to contact that company and ask if they have developed an app for the Versa. But I’ve not heard of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you ever felt like you had to purchase endomondo premium? Or is all the functionality in the free version if you're just exporting to Fitbit anyway?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found my Versa (as well as the previous Blaze) lose beats when I perspire.

Best Answer

Hi, do you ever have a problem with endomondo not importing from polar beat or posting workouts to fitbit? It was working for me for 3 days and has now stopped syncing between the apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

As others also have described you can synchronize some information from the polar heart rate chest strap to the Fitbit app.

I think the path is HR strap -> Polar Beat app -> Polar Flow account => Endomondo account -> FitBit account -> Fitbit app. 

I saw info on endomondo site that they will not (or cannot) sync heart rate data. Just type, time, distance etc. This works for me. 

I have also noticed that if I wore the charge 3, without tracking exercise turned on, it would record HR. When the workout is received from Endomondo then the charge 3 hr data for the same time period would show up in the workout. It would still be far off what really happened. I am attaching comparisons for the curious. 

E0C22D03-A9CF-48BC-BCA5-6EC337FEB9AE.jpeg

D6B0419F-31A5-4380-B48D-30BF45DD3A79.jpeg

Best Answer

Endomondo is being sunseted.  Does anyone use MapMyFitness to do the same thing?

Best Answer

Although this is an old thread, it’s a top search result and this is still a problem with the Versa 2. 

I tried integrating/connecting Strava, Apple Health, and a few others but the one that finally worked is MyFitnessPal+Polar Beat+Polar Flow!

1. Download three apps: MyFitnessPal, Polar Beat, Polar Flow
2. Set up accounts/sign into you accounts for Polar and MyFitnessPal
3. In the MyFitnessPal mobile app, go to More -> Apps & Devices, search for Polar Flow, and complete the connection. 
4. With the Polar H10 chest strap, you will have to start workouts in Polar Beat, but they will sync to Polar, which will sync to MyFitnessPal, which will finally sync to the FitBit app. 

Note: Make sure you don’t have the Polar Beat app syncing to Apple Health or there will be duplicate entries. 

After months of not being able to solve this, I was so close to buying an Apple Watch, but I’m really glad I gave this one more shot! I didn’t want to abandon my years of FitBit history and really I don’t like how often the Apple Watch has to be charged. 

Hope this helps someone!

Best Answer

@thechels wrote:

Although this is an old thread, it’s a top search result and this is still a problem with the Versa 2. 

I tried integrating/connecting Strava, Apple Health, and a few others but the one that finally worked is MyFitnessPal+Polar Beat+Polar Flow!

1. Download three apps: MyFitnessPal, Polar Beat, Polar Flow
2. Set up accounts/sign into you accounts for Polar and MyFitnessPal
3. In the MyFitnessPal mobile app, go to More -> Apps & Devices, search for Polar Flow, and complete the connection. 
4. With the Polar H10 chest strap, you will have to start workouts in Polar Beat, but they will sync to Polar, which will sync to MyFitnessPal, which will finally sync to the FitBit app. 

Note: Make sure you don’t have the Polar Beat app syncing to Apple Health or there will be duplicate entries. 

After months of not being able to solve this, I was so close to buying an Apple Watch, but I’m really glad I gave this one more shot! I didn’t want to abandon my years of FitBit history and really I don’t like how often the Apple Watch has to be charged. 

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for this. I'll try it out, as I'm set to purchase a Polar H10. I want to have some continuous ECG feature to complement the info from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@thechels Hi, thanks for your answer! 
I would like to know if you have to unwear the fitbit watch during the training session you want to record with the Polar H10.
If you wear both devices (fitbit and polar h10) on a training session and follow your instructions, at the end on fitbit app wich HR you'll see the polar's, fitbit's or you'll have 2 session training saved (same training but one recorded by fitbit and the other one by polar) ?

Best Answer

Hi all - I'm interested in the reviews of Fitbit's sleep tracking but would ideally like to use a chest strap when exercising.  Are you saying, thechels, that you need your mobile/smartphone with you when you're exercising to get all these things to talk to each other?  This is putting me off Fitbit tbh...

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for sharing the way you found to connect your accounts and sync your data.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I would like to mention that our team doesn’t currently have plans to add a feature to sync Polar chest strap with Fitbit. However, if there is any change, it should be communicated in this Feature Suggestion.

I am going to close this thread because it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer