Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge 2 no longer syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge 2 is 3 weeks old.  For the first week and a half it was syncing runs and rides with Strava. That then stopped happening.  I've tried turning off phone, uninstalling apps, turning off fitbit. Still not working. Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AnikaT, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! If you are using Strava it's important to mention your tracker is not the one who share the information but is your Fitbit account. So I'm wondering if your exercise is syncing correctly on your Fitbit account?

I've seen you have tried different solutions to address this issue, so the best I can suggest now is to revoke the access of Strava and reconnect your accounts one more time.

Go to your online-Dashboard and revoke the access of Strava in your Application settings.

Once you have revoke the access:

1. Visit http://strava.fitbit.com/ and click Connect.
  2. You'll be prompted to log into your Strava account.
  3. When prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep in mind only the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

As an additional note: I have relocate your post from the Android board to the Third Party board, since the topic is more related to the topics of this forum. This with the intention to maintain the sorted readability of our Community.

Hope this helps. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically if you have a Fitbit Charge 2 which has NO GPS tracking, it won't sync to Strava? This is so confusing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @jillrene. My apologies for the late response.

Charge 2 as you mentioned, doesn't have GPS built-in to the device as it happen with the Fitbit Ionic, but it does have "Connected GPS". As long there is an activity with GPS, this will automatically can sync with Strava or be manually exported as a TCX file.

For more details, please refer to this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Take care and stay tuned if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes