Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit doesn't share calorie or HR data with Vitality

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a fitbit versa and have been happy with it, but I noticed that Vitality was not giving me the points that I should be getting by burning so many calories in my workout.  When I inquired about it with my company and through Vitality, they said that Fitbit doesn't share anything but steps.

How do I resolve this problem as I am leaving a LOT of missed points on the table.  Can I get fitbit to share that information?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @BChristensen, thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Community forums. 

It'd certainly be great to have this app integrated with Fitbit, at the moment it's still not present among our officially supported appshowever this does not mean it won't sync. The only difference is we do not have too much information on the functionality of these third party services; as we do not have access to their data. 

You can find more information here on how to connect your Fitbit app with Vitality. Fitbit and Vitality are actively working to integrate as quickly as possible this option. Once this integration is available and more updates arise we will communicate it to all of Vitality’s Fitbit users via our social media channels.

For more questions, feel free to visit the online Vitality support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Vitality Support as  well. 

i hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has Vitality been integrated with Fitbit yet? I'm about to get insurance with them and want to know if they will receive my heart rate and calories through workouts I log with my Versa?? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit only gives steps information to Vitality.
As a runner, you should be okay. But if you have programs that look at
calories or heart rate, it isn't so good.

They still have not integrated those two numbers for Vitality. Only the
Steps per day.

--
D. Bradly Christensen

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve contacted Vitality UK and they’ve told me that they accept HR and step data from Fitbit, so long as your tracker reads both.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I will contact them in the US and see if they will start
receiving the data.
The problem we had was that fitbit did not t share the data with vitality.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good to see you around in the forums @GeorginaBee, and thank you for sharing this information. This is not yet between our official app integrations, but I'm aware that information is shared between Vitality and Fitbit. Thank you for sharing the response you received from them.  

Thank you for these details as well @BChristensen

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes