Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not syncing weight to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a Charge 3 and sync data with Myfitnesspal. I use a Nokia scale for weight, which in turn syncs to Myfitness pal. Fitbit is syncing and updating all data with Myfitnesspal except weight. It worked fine through January 27 and then just stopped. I tried disassociating the apps and reconnecting, but it did not help. Is there a know issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome on board @JWalkerFB, it's nice to see you here! In case that your both apps are not syncing correctly, I recommend to unlink the accounts and them link them again. Doing this should be able to resolve any issues between the account.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

If you notice that MFP or the Fitbit App are not syncing or transferring all the data to each other, we might have to do some troubleshooting steps to make them connect. Remember you don't enter any food log from the Fitbit App, but you will be able to see all the food entries from my MFP in the Fitbit App. 

The tile called "Uder/Above" is the summary of your calories eaten vs. calories burned from your tracker. So for better practices use my MFP to log food and the Fitbit App to have all the workouts, you can check what is the data that they transfer in this master post. 

The tile called "Left to Eat" that you have in your Fitbit App will show you the total amount of calories that you have the option to keep consuming during the day, always depending on your Food Plan. You can find an amazing explanation on how the Food Plan works in this post.

I've moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks for the response. But I have dis-associated and re-associated Fitbit and Myfitnesspal about a half dozen times. I tried it again after your response. Just to be clear...everything is syncing fine EXCEPT weight is not pulling from Myfitnesspal over to Fitbit. My scale automatically syncs to Myfitnesspal, and I would love to have that sync over to Fitbit.

It worked fine until January 27 and then just stopped.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @JWalkerFB! The information share between MFP and Fitbit works as follow:

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

• Fitbit steps and sleep data can be viewed in the "check-in" section of MFP
  • MFP and Fitbit should sync instantaneously. There may be an occasional 3-5 minute delay.
  • When there is a difference in calorie estimations between Fitbit and MFP, MFP makes a "Fitbit Calorie Adjustment"
    • The adjustment represents calories burned above MFP's estimate
    • A negative adjustment will occur if the user is less active than expected
    • The adjustment will update each time Fitbit syncs

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Does weight no longer sync between MFP and Fitbit? It was previously but then stopped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  My fitbit aria scaled used to update MFP almost instantly.  It's not updating at all now.  I have a Charge 3 and my weight is saving in the fitbit app but not MFP

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue with my new Fitbit Inspire HR. Using a Withings/Nokia scale and MyFitnessPal. All is syncing with Fitbit except the weight. I was using a Fitbit Alta HR and it was working fine but bought the new Fitbit Inspire HR about a week ago and it hasn’t worked since then. I have also disassociated all the accounts multiple times and it still will not sync the weight with Fitbit app. Any other options to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Have we come to a resolution yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Michele0228 

I have an Inspire HR and a Withings scale.
I have Fitbit and Withings connected, and also Withings connected to MFP.
I just tested it and the scale sends my weight to Fitbit and MFP without problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alternatively you can try WeightNet from www.weemple.com

Best Answer

Marre,

It looks like Fitbit moderators decided to stop troubleshooting and responding to this thread. Per your data flow diagram, weight measurements taken on the Aria scale that automatically sync to Fitbit should then sync to MFP. And, in turn sync to Garmin Connect. That's ultimately where want my weight measurements for now. However, they are not syncing from Fitbit to MFP as advertised. Food logs go over almost instantly (even all the way through to Garmin Connect), but weight goes nowhere. 

The problem is obviously known, as it's being reported to Fitbit over a year ago here in this thread. Is there a fix? Or is there another sync flow that can get the weight data to Garmin Connect from the Aria scale?

Best Answer

When I input my weight manually on the Fitbit app, it does not sync to MFP. However, when I input my weight on MFP it sync to the Fitbit app. 

I heard that using the Aria Scales should sync Fitbit to MFP though. I just ordered one and will hopefully know soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I resolved this on my own by disconnecting all the apps from each other and then reconnecting Fitbit with MFP and then Garmin Connect with MFP. None of this is as easy as it sounds. It requires numerous attempts at disconnection and allowing time to pass and then numerous attempts at reconnecting. It's definitely frustrating, but eventually works. When done, you can weigh yourself on the Aria scale and weight will sync over to MFP and Garmin Connect. You must log food on MFP and it will.sync to Fitbit and Garmin Connect. Activity recorded on your Garmin watch will sync to MFP and Fitbit. Then you can view all of it from whichever dashboard you prefer.

Over the last 3 months, the syncing stopped working once and I had to repeat the process to jump start it again. It will not "recover" past data, so if you notice its not syncing, reconnect as soon as possible or that data will always be missing in the syncs.

Interesting how all three provide different insights on daily calorie surplus/deficit despite using the same data for resting calories burned, active calories burned, and calories consumed. Your guess is as good as mine, which one or if any are accurate.

Best Answer

I followed your instructions and it worked! Thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar problem.  I want Aria scale to sync from Fitbit to MFP to Apple HealthKit. I take my steps and exercise from Apple Watch. I’m so confused on the process of unlinking to linking back up. It was an ordeal to get my watch to sync to MFP and I don’t want to screw anything up but want this issue with the scale fixed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to delink the apps, delete them, restart the phone, and then reinstall and log in to each, again. 

When I went to re-link them, I found that Fitbit was still linked to Myfitnesspal, even though I’d clicked Disconnect previously.

I clicked Disconnect and then Connect, and it redirected me to the MFP site. I clicked Fitbit and found a Disconnect option there. After disconnecting there, then re-linking the two accounts, the weight appeared in MFP as it should.

The disconnect process is definitely required to fix the problem, but it can’t be done anywhere except the MFP website, apparently.  

Best Answer
0 Votes