Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not Reading Health Connect Activities

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've run in to an interesting issue with Fitbit and Health Connect and wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem.  Essentially, I'm doing a workout in the Peloton app which connects to Health Connect.  The activity/exercise is written to Health Connect by Peloton and I can see it in the Google Fit app since it reads from Health Connect.  But when Fitbit goes to read the data, it only reads the Vitals.  I double checked and can see Fitbit is set to read all data from Health Connect, including Exercise and Activity data.

Has there been any fixes for this?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @joseffg, welcome to the community, you may find this article of interest Troubleshoot Health Connect & Send Feedback - Android Help I apologise if you've already seen it.

I'm trying to set up Fitbit - MFP -Withings scales using HealthConnect. Fitbit is not reading weight or nutrition from Health Connect (only Vitals) - I have all the permissions set in Health Connect and the individual apps through the phone settings. Fitbit is writing activity & MFP is reading but not weight from Withings, Withings is writing & reading body measurements.

I've carried out a comprehensive uninstall/reinstall of all three apps.

The above supports my earlier conclusion that the Fitbit app is not reading weight (from Withings) or Nutrition (from MFP) even though the HC activity reports these data points were written to Health Connect.

Is your experience the same as mine? If so please use the link in the app on your phone to provide feedback, I will escalate this issue.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that link! - I actually hadn't seen that page yet.  And yes, that is exactly the issue I am having.  Luckily my scale app also has a Fitbit integration on top of health connect, so that data is syncing over.  

Also, I just saw this was announced - Your Fitbit app can now show stats from other wearables and services | TechRadar -  I haven't had the new changes roll in yet but hoping they land soon.  Hopefully this will solve our problems.

Cheers

Best Answer

Hi, @joseffg, I've made some progress setting up Health Connect. I first set up Health Connect as described in the link posted earlier to find integration was not occurring. Looking for advice on MFP I synced MFP & Withings apps, deleted them, restarted my Pixel 8 Pro, and reloaded the MFP & Withings one at a time. I discovered syncing was now taking place with one exception, Fitbit was not reading weight from Withings, it was reading nutrition from MFP & writing activity to MFP. MFP was also reading weight from Withings. Will this repeat tomorrow or has it occurred because the apps were reinstalled? Time will tell but it looks like it is working as I write having just entered an afternoon snack.

Let us know if you've made any progress.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes