Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not Syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Did a run about 2 hours ago and it's not syncing onto Strava. Won't let me upload manually which I read about on another forum. Anyone else having issues? 

Moderator edit: label

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

My run tonight hasn't synced yet.  Updated to newest ionic firmware last night.  Yesterday's run synced fine prior to firmware update.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing tonight.  My runs are not auto uploading to Strava.  I've revoked and re-added strava to my fitbit account, but no change.  I was able to manually upload, but that's not the point.  

Best Answer

I manually uploaded the tcx file into Strava without issue.  Then I started a GPS walk around my house as a test and it synced fine.  Not sure why the one was missed, but it appears to be working for me for now.

I did revoke and add back Strava access in between activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Blaraway welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and thanks for stopping by @Robby1870 and @EricInFL.

I was reading  you were not able to sync with Strava. My apologies for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting?

The best troubleshoot to try here, in case the issue continue is to revoke access to the Strava and set it up again as @Robby1870 mentioned before.

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

See you all around and keep me posted if the issue continue.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Syncing with Strava seems to be working okay now for me.  It definitely was not on the day this thread was started.  Some my activities on the problem day sync'd the next morning but some did not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Robby1870, thanks for reporting back the issue was resolved for you.  If some of your activities did not sync with Strava, you can also export your GPS exercise through a TCX file. Yu probably know this, but if you need some additional information, refer to this help article: How do I export Fitbit data?

Take care and I'll be seeing you until the next opportunity.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My Fitbit Versa isn’t syncing with Strava. I went on a run last night. It’s uploaded to the Fitbit app but not synced with Strava. I’ve tried the troubleshooting you suggest but still no luck. I only got the watch at Xmas and runs have synced since then- albeit it did take up to an hour. Please can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my iPhone software and it fixed everything. I.e. the actual iOS software, not the apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have revoked & reconnected my Fitbit to Strava multiple times following this advice & still doesn’t sync even though its says they are paired apps. Incredibly frustrating.

Best Answer