Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not connecting to MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read the forums and revoked access for MFP and Fitbit however it is still not working. MFP shows the step count from fitbit but the fitbit app does not show weight or calories put in MFP, not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @tashbert, awesome to have new faces in the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry for the late response and I was reading your calories and weight is not being reflected in MyFitnessPal.

Note that this is the way the integration was designed. since not all your stats will be shared equally and not all the integrations works in the same way.

MyFitnessPal syncs as follow:

• Activities
    • Activities from MyFitnessPal are synced to Fitbit as manually logged activities (this means that MFP activities won't count towards challenges, etc.)
  • Food Logs
    • As a result of food logs being synced over, calories are also synced

From the end of your Fitbit account, you will see the following:

• Tracked information by Fitbit is synced over to MyFitnessPal. However this is displayed as a calorie adjustment.

For more information, please refer to this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having MFP and Fitbit syncing only minutes ago. It had been syncing well the rest of this past week. Now all of a sudden they aren't syncing at all. I've checked to make sure all of my settings are the same on both apps. Fitbit is listed as a connected device in the MFP app, and I have access enabled on Fitbit's end. Hoping this is something one of them is aware of and are fixing it.

My TrendWeight|
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @bruinsgirl33, good to see you around and I'm sorry for the late response. Around the date you posted we received a few reports that MyFitnessPal was unders some maintenance and syncing was delayed.

So right now, I'm just checking how it goes? Were you able to sync your data with MFP? In scenarios like this, usually the best troubleshooting is to revoke the access of any third party app and reconnect the accounts to refresh the integration. To learn more about this please visit this article: How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

See you later and keep participating in the Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes