Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not counting steps from Garmin

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use my Fitbit daily, but use my Garmin Forerunner 220 when I go running. I have linked my Garmin and Fitbit accounts via Strava, which up until recently automatically added my steps from my running activity to the Fitbit total. However, for the last week or so the steps are no longer being pulled through. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting each connection (Garmin > Strava, Fitbit > Strava) but it hasn't made any difference. Is there a fix for this? My partner has a different model Garmin and his steps are being uploaded without a problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @lucy.taylor, my apologies for the late response and thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. However in this case I have to mention, Garmin is not compatible with Fitbit.

It is possible if you have seen steps coming from Garmin, that this are shared by Strava, creating a bridge between Garmin and Fitbit.

If this is the case, it's important to keep in mind how the data is shared from Strava. Since exercises with GPS data recorded with Fitbit will be sent to Strava. Heart rate data will be included when it's available.

Exercises recorded with Fitbit's app or devices that do not include GPS data are NOT currently sent to Strava.

If the issue continue the best is to contact Garmin support for more details. If the issue is strictly with Strava let me know. What exercise are you practicing and where are originally being recorded? 

See you until the next opportunity.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes