Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit "steps" to My Fitness Pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using and have synced MFP to my FB Charge.  I read something about being sure to enter the time of my workout when I log exercise into MFP so that it can get data from FB to determine what I was doing during that time.  Then I read that I don't need to log any "step" type workouts (running, walking, etc) into MFP at all bc it will get that info from FB.  I'm not really sure if either are true, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to track my walks/runs.  I've been doing it manually through MFP but just received the Charge as a gift so I'm hoping there's short cut (and one that can help me more accurately track my calories burned)

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I don't do any of that. I just log my exercise witht he Fitbit (which is synced with MFP), and I log my food in MFP. The calories/steps get carried over to MFP just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jenn4085, welcome aboard to our community. I think one of the best practices for this integration is like @SunsetRunner suggested. By doing this you will keep more simple the way to track exercises. Also note that if you log activities from MFP and with your Fitbit account, is require to be extra careful for any of the activities logged do not crossed between each other causing it doubles your numbers. So the best is to log food with MFP and exercises with your tracker and your Fitbit account.

There are certain activities that are not totally step based, that are more harder to track with your Charge but you can always use the side button of your tracker to improve the accuracy of this activity's contribution to your caloric burn.

See ya around my friend and keep me posted for any additional question.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes