Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal and Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/3/2018: MFP has reported the sync issue is resolved as of today. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend checking out the troubleshoots mentioned here.

Update 6/29/2018: MyFitnessPal has updated the progress of this issue and they are expecting these delays to continue through this weekend and into next week and do not recommend unlinking and relinking the integrations at this time.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/27/2018: New details has been posted from behalf of MyFitnessPal staff. While this issue is under investigation they recommend to not unlink and relink the integration at the moment.

Since this is an interruption at the moment to sync, all Fitbit data for the day may be lost.

Please Note: MFP does not recommend unlinking and relinking the integration at this time.

For More details visit: Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

_________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/25/2018: We are aware of issues with the MyFitnessPal and Fitbit integration. My FitnessPal is currently investigating this issue and we appreciate all your patience while we received more information.

You can follow their progress here. We will also update this thread as we hear further. Thanks for your reports. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Is anyone else not having their Fitbit steps sync to their MyFitnessPal App?  I’ve tried manually syncing, restarting both apps, etc. Usually I have no issue with this! 

Best Answer

You're not the only one. I am too. A lot of people are posting in the MyFitnessPal Facebook page that they are having problems. MyFitnessPal seems to have no solution, and it's not listed as a known problem. I don't know if it's a problem with MyFitnessPal or it's on Fitbit's end.

Best Answer

This has been driving me crazy all day - you are not alone 🤬

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling. Still have the same problem. If anyone has a solution please share it. It’s driving me crazy

Best Answer

In the past rarely anything  has worked except waiting for them to fix it. 😢

Best Answer
I know! I feel better knowing it’s not just me. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon!
Best Answer

Same here. Have tried everything! Fitness Pal info goes to Fitbit app, but steps don’t sync to Fitness Pal. Fix it , please, whoever claims the bug. Thank you. 

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same problem since last night!! Very frustrated 😡😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't synced since Friday, 6/15. I have tried everything I can think of, including deleting both apps and re-installing. Nothing works. It would be an acceptable option to be able to input the data manually, but MFP doesn't seem to give you that option. 

Based on the fact that the FitBit tracker app is behaving normally, and we are having this convo here, I strongly suspect the problem is with MFP.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like MyFitnessPal fixed the issue...my apps are FINALLY syncing!
Best Answer

I got a message from My Fitness Pal last night. They were working on the issue. Looks like it’s syncing today so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s working this morning!  Amen!

Update: 

Thanks for letting us know. 

It seems to be working this morning.  Amen and thank goodness!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem over the weekend...now it appears to be back! Nothing has synced since early this morning! This is beyond frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It starting working again today !

Best Answer

No, mine was not working this morning at all. Just now updated after not updating for 3 hours. Again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there MyFitnessPal friends, my apologies for the late response and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It seems MyFitnessPal was having an issues to sync your Fitbit data as kindly was shared here by @daniel2112.

By confirmation of MyFitnessPal, this issue has been fixed already and you should be able to sync your Fitbit steps.MFP issue.JPG

If you are still not able to sync steps, like is your case @SunsetRunner. Make sure your tracker is selected in MFP as the source of your steps. This integration is the only one that allows to connect directly your tracker to your MFP account.

If you are on iOS press more / if you are on Android tap on the horizontal lines in the upper left corner > scroll down through the menu and select Steps > Here select Fitbit tracker.

If you are doing this from the web browser, in the same page where you connect your accounts, select the tile "Steps" ans select Fitbit tracker.

upload.png

See you all around and thank you for all your support to put this issue in our radar. I'm happy to read the majority has been able to sync already.

See you later and stay awesome.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Mine was working fine for a few days, then today it stopped syncing in the middle of the day. And yes I checked to make sure that MFP and Fitbit were connected. This has been an ongoing problem with MyFitNessPal and it's probably a glitch at their end.

Best Answer

Same here. Mine’s back to not syncing this afternoon. Frustrating. 

Best Answer