Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync to myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is syncing up to the Fitbit app and showing my steps and exercise for the day but it will not sync up to myfitnesspal app. I was doing this without a problem for several months and stopped around October. I'm trying to begin syncing the two apps together again and it continues to show 0 steps in myfitnesspal app no matter how many times I disconnect and reconnect the apps to each other 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Cpime23, welcome to the Community, it's great to have you on board! 

If your data is not getting trasferred from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit and viceversa, my suggestion would be resetting the connection between both apps. It's important to remember that the link must be removed from both ends to ensure they will link again next time. 

Give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've disconnected my Fitbit from the myfitnesspal app, but can't figure out how to disconnect myfitnesspal from my Fitbit app. Could you help?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to disconnect my Fitbit from the Fitbit app and reconnect it.  I also disconnected and reconnected my Fitbit from the myfitnesspal app... still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

No advice here. I'm having the same issue. I've disconnected everything and reconnected. Synced it all. Even deleted the apps and redownloaded.  Myfitnesspal stopped tracking steps as soon as I connected my Charge 2. Hope this gets fixed. 

Best Answer

Hello @Cpime23, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's great to have you on board @HeatherJ0Smiley Happy

If after trying the troubleshooting from my previous post your apps are still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be contacting MyFitnessPal Support Team, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track.

Let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have. The also gave me the standard response. Disconnect and reset both apps and it will connect. And it didn't.

The only thing that changed was that I upgraded my charge hr to a charge 2 and the very same day they stopped connecting. Was hoping for some better support from Fitbit.

Heather
Best Answer

Having the same problem here. I have re-set everything and both apps say they are connected but no Information is being transferred.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like MyFitnessPal has not upgraded things on their end for the new Fitbit devices. There is only so much Fitbit can do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I'm not sure exactly when it stopped linking but I think it happened after one of the more recent updates. Same Charge HR I've had for a year and a half!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, although I am using an Aria that I've had for a year. The sync worked beautifully right up until the morning of Nov 25, at which time I updated (reluctantly) the Fitbit iOS app to the "permanent" new dashboard (which I hate, btw, not that Fitbit cares)! This update is what seems to be the problem, nothing else. I have gone so far as to delete and reinstall both apps, reset my Aria multiple times, and almost, but not quite, threw the darn Aria (which drains its battery in a day and rarely will sync properly) against the wall! And let's not get started on the ongoing stalemate over integration with Apple's Health app!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here... I just got a new charge 2 and my fit bit app will not sync to weight watchers or my fitness pal. I've tried everything, even set up a new fit bit account 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kgs1125. You probably went thru all this but just in case, tap Here for step by step instructions for linking your Fitbit and WW accounts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I tried all that... when it says to connect device on weight watchers app... the login for Fitbit should come up to log into Fitbit and it does not it just says it's connected, which it isn't. I finally got my fitness pal to work last night by disconnecting and waiting 15 minutes before reconnecting and it worked... so I am pretty sure it's an issue with weight watchers. I already contacted them and tried all the steps they suggested... but still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_7985.PNG

This isn't what I did to get MFP to work  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean *this is* what I did to get MFP to work (above post) 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I used it for a year and now neither one is syncing.  I have removed both apps, redone loaded, etc- all to no avail. I even have a new phone and started over and it's still not working!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
HI TAbbott71

I did eventually get mine to sync. I opened both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit on my computer, ans your able to access more detailed setting than within the apps. I disconnected BOTH, so neither recognized the other. then sync both, then re-connected both and it works again. try disconnecting from the webpages and see if that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes