Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitiv integration for chest strap to Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I go to F45 classes (HIIT classes) and use both my Fitbit and my lionheart chest strap (tracked through Fitiv) during the classes. My Fitbit never seems to track the high intensity cardio that I am doing and always tracks my walks to and from the gym as higher heart rate and calories burned. 

Yesterday I had a 1hr intense cardio class and my chest strap tracked 622 active calories burned in the hour and my Fitbit tracked 224 calories (45 mins out of the hour were ‘below zones’ apparently).

I can import my Fitiv calories and workouts into Fitbit - is that more accurate than relying solely on the watch? What do other people do? I read somewhere that Fitbit tracks calories overall across the day whereas chest straps track expected calories burned during the exercise and over the next hour, however, I am not sure how accurate this is as my Fitbit does not seem to track much for the actual workout itself anyway. 

Anyone have any recommendations? I am tracking my calories at the moment so would love to get this right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@SDfit123 chest strap tracks heart rate, not calories. It's the app that you use that decides how to interpret HR data and turns it into calories. HR from chest strap will be more accurate but calories are only estimate and depend on used algorithm. In the past, I used to log my calisthenics workouts manually and not tracking it with Fitbit. I tracked it with Polar Beat and PolarH10 chest strap. Unlike for other brands, Fitbit doesn't allow importing HR from external sources so that was the only way. Whether is more accurate? Calories may or may not be but HR from the chest strap certainly is. You just need to find out what works for you. I eventually switched to watch that can connect to a chest strap, solves all the problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes