Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 doesn't sync swimming to myfitnesspal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I bought a Flex 2 recently specifically as it's waterproof and tracks my swimming. I use myfitnesspal (MFP) to track food and it's synced with Fitbit. The trouble I'm having is that my steps sync over from Fitbit to MFP but swimming activity doesn't. If I manually enter swimming in MFP it then double counts when it syncs in Fitbit. Is there a way to fix this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SFMatt, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I see what you mean and to give you a straight answer to your questions, is there is no option to modify this. This is the way MFP and Fitbit works. The functionality of the integration between apps depends on how it was developed.

Many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services

It's important to mentioned what information will sync your Fitbit account and MFP:

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

For more details about third party app please visit: Third Party Apps - FAQ and Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SFMatt, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I see what you mean and to give you a straight answer to your questions, is there is no option to modify this. This is the way MFP and Fitbit works. The functionality of the integration between apps depends on how it was developed.

Many of the third party integrations are not developed by us and we don't have the control over this data or how it will be interpreted by these services

It's important to mentioned what information will sync your Fitbit account and MFP:

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

For more details about third party app please visit: Third Party Apps - FAQ and Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is super lame. So the swimming logs can't be synched to Google Fit OR Myfitnesspal, only certain other activities. I don't recall that being documented anywhere when I was researching buying this product.

Best Answer

Hello @robocopsgonemad, I can understand your feedback about this but note that we do not own the third party integrations, so the information to sync and what type of information will be shared with other services is not our call.

Activities from Fitbit are not going to sync with MyFitnessPal, only logs from MyFitnessPal to your Fitbit account.

While Fitbit can provide some support for integration with MyFitnessPal, we do not provide specific support for using the MyFitnessPal mobile apps or website. So this information should be found in http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help to get help for common topics or search the knowledge base.

Take care and see you until the next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes