Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS workout from Fitbit to Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are Intervals not sending GPS to Strava when GPS records exist in the Interval run?

Is this something that Fitbit is looking to resolve?

It seems that if we want to exercise using intervals, we should use a different app for the interval times and set Fitbit to a regular run or ride. That way, the data is sent to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Romeo_J On Fitbit, Strava support is very limited and you are right - you need to track particular exercises like running or riding to send it to Strava. The presence of GPS data doesn't guarantee the activity can sync. I believe the rule "GPS-only" comes from times when only those activities had the ability to use GPS. Later, more activities emerged which could use GPS (like Outdoor Workout) but they don't sync to Strava either. In reality, only a tiny subset of activities can sync. Answering your question - no, I don't think Fitbit is going to resolve it as this is how it's been designed to work. It's not a bug, it's just a poorly designed feature.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info @t.parker . Shame as the potential to have more activities synced between both apps can make both apps flourish more than ever

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we know this answer? Nope, we can only guess. 

Either way, I've moved this thread to the third party app board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes