Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf App vs Golf GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am looking to buy a Fitbit , either Surge or Blaze. I was told I can use it as a golf gps measuring distance etc via a third party app.
Can anyone please confirm this?
Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity and label

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99
Thank you but does this mean we will receive yards to the pin on holes or is it just tracking how far we have walked I was told this product would be able to give me access to the course to provide an accurate yard to the pin???

Thank you

James Diggens
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking for an app (Android as I use a Samung Note 5) that uses the GPS built into the Fitbit Blaze and is capable of knowing the yardage to the pin, or from one stroke to the next, and 'maybe' keep track of your strokes?  Are those the things you are thinking about or already have?

Thanks for your time...

@Pietero wrote:

Well, you talk about "We", I guess you mean we as golfers? I am a Golfer myself who happens to do some app development in weekends and evenings. I personally do like to get distances to water and bunkers. It's always good to have orientation points to determine your club selection and course management on.

The app currently provides distance to front, middle back. An app never knows where the Pin is so you always have to take some offset into account.

I'm also thinking about the map feature. It won't be easy but it would be super cool. The fitbit also allows to include a score card function since it has a large touch screen. But first i will release an app which does:

Distance to holes

Distances to hazards

2nd release

Club suggestions

Shot tracking

3d release

maps

4th release

scorecard.

The app is open source. If you want to suggest other functions, please do so. If you want to contribute , very much welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,
When do you think the app will be available?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is already available. Release 1 is out. Release 2 is comming.

The blaze does not allow third party app development. Only Ionic and Versa will have an app ecosystem

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay thank you why is the app called please.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

GOLF GPS under health & fitness

Open the following link on your mobile phone:

https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/2e5c7453-f621-4dd2-80bb-d6ef59cdec5e

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Pietero,

Okay I downloaded the app, set everything up including wifi connection. I can’t seem to download any courses? It keeps saying no phone connection, no GPS connection. I have it connected to my phone. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your app Android or iPhone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Iphone 7, all apps are up to date

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing Android? 😣
Best Answer
0 Votes

No I don't sorry. Does this app only work with android?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app works for both android and iPhone

To get a gps signal, stand outside for 2 minutes yo get the first gps
signal.

The phone connection should be ok within 5 seconds, otherwise restart the
app. The phone connection of fitbit is unstable so the next release makes
the app almost independent from the phone. Release will be next week
Best Answer

Okay thanks will try that when I get home and let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unsubscribe 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone and thank you for your input and great help regarding Golf GPS, @Pietero. It's great to have you around!

How it goes @Aceculbert74, where you able to resolve the issue you were experiencing? Were you able to download your golf courses?

In our new Fitbit Versa and Ionic, there is the option to use Game Golf App. If this is of your interest feel free to review this post as another alternative: Game Golf Availability?

See you around and I'll be reviewing in case there is something I can help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys, you have all been amazing with helping. I closed all apps, restarted my phone and it worked to download near courses. It is a bit clunky with the phone/GPS connection still though, cuts in and out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

In our new Fitbit Versa and Ionic, there is the option to use Game Golf App. If this is of your interest feel free to review this post as another alternative: Game Golf Availability?

See you around and I'll be reviewing in case there is something I can help.

Uhh, excuse me? You do NOT have the option to use Game Golf on the Versa. It does not work. Don't take my word for it.. here's another moderator saying so: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-App-Gallery/Is-the-Game-Golf-available-on-Fitbit-Versa/m-p/26...

Ya'll need to get on the same page @RobertoME

Best Answer

Hi there everyone, my apologies for the confusion on all this matter regarding the golf activity. I would like to clarify this topic for those who have questions. @MarandoPSU you are correct and I'm sorry for the confusion. Thanks for calling this out.

So, Game Golf is available only for the Fitbit Ionic as it was mentioned in the post shared by @MarandoPSUhere. This is Possible only in Ionic due to the onboard GPS.

There is a 3rd party app called: Golf GPS. THis can be found in the app gallery of the Fitbit app that is compatible with Ionic and Fitbit Versa too. Note that this app was developed independently from us, but will work on both trackers.

Again, my apologies if I create confusion and hope this information helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I can’t get my new versa to work with the Golf GPS app.

No issue with GPS and Phone connections.  They go green quickly, but app stays on searching for courses and never finds anything.  Was at Two Eagles Golf club in Kelowna, BC

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Markster.

thank you. I found the problem and it is corrected. Something to do with a wrong version of the api. Can you test if it is working now?

Best Answer
0 Votes