Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been able to side-load the FitBit app to BB OS10?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got a Blackberry Z10 that, at least on paper, has the capability to sync with my FitBit.  I'm just a little unsure about how to sideload the app.  Anybody been there, done/tried that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yep, I've gotten it sideloaded and working using both of the websites I listed in my response here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Force/Will-the-Force-work-with-my-Blackberry-Z10-smart-phone/m-p/252....

However, I will say I have not been able to get syncing working yet. I'm hoping that will come with the next BlackBerry OS update.

Annu

Best Answer
0 Votes

The ability to sync "almost" genericly came with Android 4.3, and as the backberry doen't actually run Android, you'll probably never be able to sync.  The fitbit app not only uses the BT (Bluetooth Low Engergy" interface), but the app must be "enabled for your phone's config.  (and MOST Androids that link today only becase a part of the fitbit "public release" of the bitbit app on 12/18/13.  (I'd been waithing almost a year for that!)

And in reality, Blackberry is not selling well right now, and might be at the bottom of the list for fitbit...  Your cell provider will probably give up an upgrade to a different phone before fitbit works with Blackberry.

Best Answer
0 Votes