Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidrate Spark Water Bottle & App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Hidrate Spark water bottle yesterday.  I cannot get my Fitbit App to update the water from my Hidrate Spark app.  I have the Fitbit Desktop open on my computer and it is synching fine with that. I manually inputted 4ozs in my Fitbit APP and it synched that with my Hidrate Spark app.  It's just not talking the other way to my phone app...

Any thoughts?  I updated my Fitbit App and rebooted my phone to try that this morning as well.

***UPDATE***  I am able to update my fitbit app on my phone if I log out and log back in, then it updates my water but I have to do it everytime.  It automatically does the update on my Dashboard on my computer if I hit the refresh button.  It's very frustrating.  It's my phone where I need it to update.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Cher

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @cherwp75, good to see you again. Hidrate Spark currently is not listed as supported on our Integration list and might be one of the reason the app is not communicating well with Fitbit.

One of the best ways to troubleshoot third party integrations, is to revoke the access from your Applications settings on your Fitbit Dashboard and re-link again both services.

Hope this helps. See you around if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

This is how mine is working: I drink water throughout the day. I open Hidrate to sync my water. Then I close Hidrate. When I open (whether is previously open or I'm just now opening) Fitbit it then syncs. For some reason I have to sync with Hidrate and close that app for Fitbit to sync to it. For me this isn't bothersome because I drink drink drink all day and then sync at the end of the day and then just open Fitbit to get those water oz in there 🙂 I hope this helps!!

Best Answer

Hello @budweiserQT, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community!

I appreciate you have let us know this is the way it works on your case and thank you for sharing your best practice to use this app.

Stayed tuned to the Fitbit Community!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I am getting my Hidrate Spark this coming week. I think it is stupid that FITBIT is not supporting this app more because it is the ONLY one that works for ANDROID phones.

Best Answer

My Hidrate Spark was syncing great with my fitbit Charge 2 for about 2 weeks and now it's not syncing at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which Fitbit do u have ? I have the charge hr. No notifications appear on my actual Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Charge 2.  It worked off and on and then I was having other issues with the bottle.  I finally sent it back.  I was very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do u program the charge 2? Sync whatever

~Aimee
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do alerts come up on your actual Fitbit ? Which Fitbit do you have ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aims301 welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and good to see you again @dknichols!

Note that Hidrate Spark despite is not officially supported, is able to access your Fitbit accounts through our open API. In these scenarios the difference is that the information we have available on how it works is very limited.

Since I noticed you have a few questions, I went ahead and tested the app by myself in order to proide more information regarding this topic. So if you are interested to use this app, to connect Hidrate Spark is very easy. Is just matter to access the app and tap in the settings icon with a cog shape. Then tap in the "Connect to Apps" and toggle On the Fitbit option. From here, it will request authorization to access Fitbit to complete the integration.

Hydrate.jpg

As you can see in the screenshot this will have access to your water logs and step information. I logged a few entries in Hydrate spark and this was reflected in my Fitbit Dashboard water entries.

@Aims301 It won't show notifications in your Fitbit. The notification will go through Hydrate Spark depending of your settings, but this will be display only in your phone.

@dknichols I'm sorry to hear you have to returned the bottle due to other issues. 

Hope this information helps. See you later in case you have other questions.

Best Answer

Thank you for the information regarding the Hydrospark sync issues.  Do you know if they are planning to partner with the third party vendor, or another vendor to make this feature more attractive?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When my Fitbit app updates my water it seems to be doubling the amount of water I drink does anybody know how to fix this

Best Answer
0 Votes