Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hike not showing up in strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Runs always show up in the strava app and back on my ionic but hike did not show up in strava today.  I had a gps signal and the map of the hike is in the fitbit app.  I thought any activity with gps will sync to Strava though hikes will not sync back to strava fitbit app as I understand it.  I hoped to use the hike function to geotag photos on a trip but the hikes must sync to Strava.  What did I do wrong?   Any help appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but only runs and bike rides sync to Strava.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry but only runs and bike rides sync to Strava.

Best Answer

Too bad.  Wish they changed that.  

I changed the "hike" to "run" within the Fitbit app and resynced the Ionic to my phone but it still didn't show up in strava.

Anyway to fix that?  Thanks for commenting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It probably won't be sent since tgetionic already recorded the walk. 

Best Answer

It never showed up as you said.  I manually added it to Strava and downloaded the gpx file from strava. I was able to geotag my photos.  It works ok but position when stationary seems to dance around.   It is not as accurate as I hoped but is a satisfactory backup. I will be smarter next time and label my hikes as runs to start off.  I suppose I could keep them as hikes and convert the tcx files to gpx but that is yet another step.   Thanks again for commenting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

On a lark used the hiking exercise on my Ionic and when done it automagically synced to Strava! 

Anyone know when that started?  I'll use that more often now and it won't distort my run statistics. and I still get a gps file if required. 

Best Answer