Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get outlook app notifications on my Charge 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Fitbit Charge 2 and it will only display notifications from the default calendar app on android. I have Android 7.0 and there doesn't seem to be any way to change the default calendar app nor does there seem to be a way (in google calendar) to add my outlook account so that I can view my outlook schedule and notifications through the google calendar app. I've contacted google and microsoft, neither have helped. I've been told to add my google account to the outlook app, but that only seems to allow me to see my google calendar/emails in the outlook app, the opposite of what I need. I've searched for free apps or pc programs that will do this too, I haven't yet found anything that works for me. I can forward invites from outlook to gmail but that requires me to remember to do so and take the time to go through the steps of forwarding and accepting. There has to be a better way...

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@gandjinco under Charge 2 - call and text notifications when you click calendar, what options do you see? If outlook doesnt show up it sounds like outlook has not told the android operating system that it is a calander, and I'm not sure what to do. 

Best Answer

@gandjinco

Did you find a solution to get notifications from an outlook calendar?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, it seems like the fitbit app will not allow anything other than google calendar as my default. I found a free program (can't remember what it's called) that syncs the outlook calendar on my work computer to google. It's glitchy and I'm pretty sure IT would not be happy with its use but it's all I've found so far and it sort of works.

Best Answer

If your phone has Outlook and you sync your watch to your phone, it should show calendar events.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my charge 2 and just disappointed to see the only calendar option is Google. I live by my calendar at work.... Although it goes out the window over the weekend as the wife seems to take over regardless of what I have in there..

The box also says I can receive all my notifications however I can only choose 1 out of messenger, what's app and messages people contact me via all of these and more.

Fitbit are you planning on adding outlook to the calendar option if so when

Best Answer

Hi all, I have found a work around that works 

Microsoft have released a product called flow, look for a flow that is outlook calendar to google calendar

This automatically copies any new calendar event that you enter into outlook directly to your Google calendar

I have been using it for about 2 days now works a treat

Best Answer