Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete Fitbit from old myfitnesspal account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know longer have access to my old myfitnesspal account, I have a new account however every time I try to sync accounts it tells me it cannot be sync to more than one account.. I have tried to revoke my myfitnesspal from Fitbit, however I still keep getting the error message

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and label 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@Dimplezuk welcome to the forums! Have you also tried revoking access from your MyFitnessPal account? To revoke access from Fitbit please do the following:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

If possible please post a screenshot of the error you're getting. Thanks a million for your help! Cat Tongue

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, same thing happening to me. I have deleted old MyFitnessPal account so no longer have access to it. Revoking access on Fitbit and still getting the same message about two accounts. Every time I go back into Fitbit settings MyFitnessPal comes as if I never clicked revoke access..

i cannot remove Fitbit from MyFitnessPal as the account has been closed/deleted

any ideas

holly

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Holzmilez Welcome to the Community. Thanks for checking us out. 

We are currently aware that some users are unable to revoke access to 3rd party apps. Our engineers are currently working on a fix. I will be posting updates to this thread. Thanks very much for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Any progress so far? I've tried everything listed on this thread but continue to have the same problem.

The thread you linked states that the issue has been resolved, but it appears that for me it hasn't. it continues to send a message stating that my fitbit is connected to another account and when I revoke access and try again it is still as if I never revoked access in the first place.

Best Answer
Nope didn't get resolved... I ended up restarting my fitbit with a new accountIt was a nightmareHol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting this issue.

I am aware of how to revoke access/un-link the accounts, however this does not fix my issue.

I deleted my old (original) MyFitnessPal account which was orignally linked to my Fitbit as I wanted a fresh start, yet somehow remains linked to my Fitbit account (even though permissions have been revoked and my Fitbit doesn't show any associations to any MFP accounts whatsoever).

Meanwhile, something must still be linked because it's blocking my new MFP account and coming through the MFP website with the following error "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once."  

I don't want to have to wipe my Fitbit of my data, however since I don't care so much about my MFP data I have tried to link multiple new MFP accounts to my Fitbit, all getting the same issue therefore it is a clear issue with Fitbit. 

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes