Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disconnect Fitbit from MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know how? It is killing me

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Jpeters! To eliminate the connection, you'd need to go to your Fitbit account's settings. Then, search under applications and click on the "Revoke access" button. 

I hope this gets you back on track! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
Thanks for the information, but when I access the settings, application is not a sub option. Any other suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @Jpeters! Please double check on your Fitbit account by going to: Fitbit.com/user/profile/apps

MFPapp.png

In that page please click on the button that says 'Revoke Access'. 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
Fantastic. I was trying to access from the app...not the Web

All set. Thanks for the heads up!

Joe
Best Answer

Yay! Thanks for the update @Jpeters! It's great to hear that this was helpful! I hope to see you around more often.

Keep up the super stepping! 😉 

Best Answer

I recently got a Fitbit replacement watch. I tried to link it with My fitness pal and the message I received was that My Fitbit account was already linked to my fitness pal account. I tried revoking access on the apps page and this did nothing. I then deleted my fitness pal account and created a new one. Once again I received the same message that my fitness pal app was linked to another Fitbit account when I tried to sync them. 

Cam you you please help as I'm out of ideas. Thanks 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue as the last poster. Please help!

Best Answer

Go to myfitnesspal.com, then click on "Apps" tab and disconnect from there. 

Best Answer

It's not giving me any option is disconnect through MFP Apps page .. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, probably because of a replacement Fitbit due to the quality problems with the Charge bracelet (I'm on my 3rd, now an Alta).

Help!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I deleted my old MyFitnessPal account but my fitbit is still linked to it. I read on their page that they can unlink it from their end but I haven't been successful in getting anyone to respond to my request. Is there anyway to reinstall the fitbit so it looks like a different account?

Best Answer

Same problem. More than frustrated.

Best Answer

How can you reverse revoking myfitness pal. Pretty much the issue i ran into today is myfitness pal posted that my fitbit reads i have made almost 12 thousand steps and burbed a bunch of calories. I have tried a bunch of things and jothing has been fixed  should i make a new account??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved my problem by sending an email to MyFitnessPal asking them to unlink my fitbit from my old fitness pal acct. Apparently this cannot be done any other way but going through them. It did take multiple emails explaining my situation and several days, however they apologized for the delay and did fix my problem. They will ask you for your fitbit ID, this is how you retrieve it:

Here is how you get your Fitbit Id:

1. Log in to Fitbit.com and click on your profile photo.
2. This will take you to your Fitbit.com Profile and now copy the URL at the top and paste it in the email reply to us.

They will need this to correct the problem.

Best Answer

Even though I revoked access through Fitbit, I still can't disconnect my watch from the actual MyFitnessPal app itself. I'm trying to do this because my steps are not syncing in the MyFitnessPal app like they used to so I thought that if I disconnected everything and tried to set it up again, it might work. I even tried to create a new account but it won't let me connect my watch because you can only connect to one account at a time. HELP, this is soo annoying!

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Even though I revoke access to my fitness pal, mfp still says they're linked!!!!! How do get it unlinked? I don't have time to email someone several times over several days. I'm ready to just delete mfp

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My fitbit died and until I get a new one I want to use another app to track steps. I have revoked access, uninstalled the FitBit app from my Droid Turbo 2 and Uninstalled and re-installed MyFitnessPal app and it is still showing as connected which seems to prevent any other step tracking app from syncing.

I think I am going to need to find a new fitness app if this is not fixed, which is a shame because I like everything else about MyFitnessPal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @CYNDIELYNN and @salamonemek! If you already tried the suggested troubleshoot, please refer to MyFitnessPal support to get help for common topics or search the knowledge base. Or, send them a email regarding your issue. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes