Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Weight from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The title basically summarizes my question.

Here's a little history: I used to use the MyFitnessPal app a lot a couple years ago. Last summer, I got my first FitBit (now on my second) and have been loving it. One of the features I use is manual logging of my weight each morning. I step on the scale, read the weight and enter it via the FitBit app. So far, so good.

However, I also have a couple years' worth of old weight data from my pre-FitBit days stored in the MyFitnessPal app. I don't use MyFitnessPal at all anymore (what's the point of having two apps that do the same thing?).  I'd like to get that data and put it into FitBit.  Then I can delete the MyFitnessPal app from my phone.  One way to get this data would be to manually type in each weight data point on the FitBit website, but that would take forever since I have a couple year's worth of data. I'd like to find a way to do this more efficiently.

To be clear, I'm only trying to import data on my weight (including the actual weight and the date of each weight entry), not other things like steps, sleep, activities, etc.  Also, I have synced MyFitnessPal with Fitbit via the Fitbit dashboard.

So, any advice?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Davebitfit! Unfortunately, there is no easy way to import that data.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Davebitfit, welcome aboard to our community. Some user found useful integrating other apps as provide more options to track your exercise or log information. In the case of MFP the food data base is wider and have more options that can be synced with your Food logs of your account.

Indeed as @MakMak said, this is not possible sine the information share between MFP and Fitbit works as follow:

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

As this shows the weights from MFP is not possible to export back to your Fitbit account.

See ya later fellows, hope this provide more information.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes