Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync FB to MFP?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to sync my food diary from MFP to FB?  How do I do that?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry @lhabig your daily activity gets sent to MFP. 

MFP doesn't send food back. 

Most users use MFP to control their food portions and let Fitbit say how many calories where burnt. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry @lhabig your daily activity gets sent to MFP. 

MFP doesn't send food back. 

Most users use MFP to control their food portions and let Fitbit say how many calories where burnt. 

Best Answer

My MFP syncs to FB. Currently, my calories burned do not sync back to MFP so I have been manually adding my exercise there. The next day, my calories burned in FB is doubled and I have to manually delete

Best Answer
0 Votes

MyFitnessPal sends the number of calories eaten to FitBit, and Fitbit will tell me if I have a calorie deficit for the day if my meal plan indicates that my goal is to lose weight. If I put exercise into MyFitnessPal that is not in Fitbit, it will sync that over too. You are correct that it doesn't send the actual diary but it sends a food summary by meal to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

It's this part I'm interested in. The "Best Answer" above says that MFP doesn't send food back to Fitbit, and you say that MFP sends the number of calories eaten to Fitbit. It's possible that MFP doesn't send all the nutritional data back to Fitbit, but I don't need that. I use MFP to log and analyse my food intake, I don't need to do that in Fitbit. All I need is the number of calories to be fed from MFP to Fitbit.

Do you have any special insight on how you managed that connection – for MFPs calories to show up in Fitbit? Any help or info would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GorillaMan this is what My Fitness Pal say will transfer. 

Screenshot_20210206-120228_Chrome.jpg

If you are seeing this, you really need to reach out to My Fitness Pal. 

Fitbit only provides the tools, they, not Fitbit, setup and maintain the link. 

Best Answer
0 Votes