Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync food and calories to my Fitbit from WW?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a fit bit and then joined weight watchers. I want to be able to sync all my food and calories to my fit it from my ww app. Anyone know how to do this so I don't have to enter it to both sites? HELP Please!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & Labels

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@traceyrn See the link below:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-connect-my-Fitbit-and-Weight-Watchers-accou...

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The previous link shows how to sync activity, but it doesn't address syncing calories.  Does it not do that?  I know I've been able to sync calories from LoseIt, and was hoping to do the same from WeightWatchers.

Best Answer

No, you cannot sync food to or from Weight Watchers.  Weight Watchers uses their proprietary "point" system, not calories, to track food. 

Best Answer

@songbird1329 It's nice to see you around! Thank you for the details that you shared with us. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. You may want to visit the Discussions Board and meet new people or find a good recipe. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it’s terrible that Weight Watchers hides my consumed detailed nutritional data from me. It should be more open with my data. At a minimum, I should be able to share the nutritional data from my weight watchers app to my apple health tool app or export my consumed nutritional information to excel. I am enrolling in a health incentive plan through my insurance and I have to track my nutritional information consumed each week so this will make me either have to track in two different tools or just quit weight watchers and track in a more detailed user friendly tool. I love the easy use of the weight watcher system and how many things I can scan the UPC and they already have listed in their database. I don’t want to have to manually type this stuff into other tools. I just don’t understand why they won’t give this data to their users who want it. I’ve seen so many forums online like this one where people are begging for this. Such a missed opportunity! 

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Hilux! Weight Watchers is the one that will choose which data will be synced to Fitbit, you can learn more about Third Party Apps - FAQ Options here and check this comment from @songbird1329

Additionally, you may want to check the list of supported apps

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

What does it matter about the proprietaty points system? It's about having to log actual food into 2 different systems. The food I eat isn't part of the proprietaty points system. It appears you guys are using the exact same database as WW because the foods show up exactly the same. It's just frustrating that this is not a function. It's tiresome spending 20 minutes a day transferring stuff by hand over from my ww app. The only thing nice about it is that because it's so ridiculously annoying I tend to just not eat so I don't have the hassle.

Best Answer

As a long term user of both, I can tell you the WW IT that runs website and apps is about 3 years behind in vision vs the market. They are afraid that enough raw data is available it will invalidate the points system. Others like me need to track other nutrients such as carbs and resent WW’s backwardness. They do not have the skill assets in place to leverage the data and are not willing to partner to promote open integration.

Best Answer

Post removed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't believe WeightWatchers requires you to share your friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Post removed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I disconnected my fitbit and reconnected it without sharing my friends, and it worked successfully.

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

Hey @bmarsh and @GoGenieGo.

@bmarsh Thanks for sharing that. Did everything continue working properly after unmarking friends from there? In fact, from what I can see on the pictures, the options with the i on the side are non-essential to WeightWatchers and so could be unmarked without any issues.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Post removed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep.  Still works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bmarsh and @GoGenieGo.

@bmarsh Glad news that it is.

@GoGenieGo Is it not working for you? I'm asking because your post was edited and maybe there was something I could help out with.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an outdated conversation, but hoping for some current advice.

Are you still able to sync food info. Between WW and Fitbit?

I am only currently able to sync activity.

Would love to sync more info. Of possible.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @TPhillipson. I'll be happy to clarify your question about Fitbit and Weight Watchers. 

Your food logged won't sync between Fitbit and Weight Watchers. All activity recorded by your Fitbit tracker will be converted into FitPoints® so you can get credit for your effort and see how close you are to reaching your goals. 

Catch you later! 

Best Answer

I've been waiting for something like that since I joined WW back in 2016. I'm not sure that they'll ever do it. I won't track my food twice, it's too much effort. If it can track activity and sync it, it should do that with food as well. It will sync  food input on the myfitness pal app/site so I know it can be done. 

Best Answer