Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync food entries from myfitnesspal?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,
I am using myfitnesspal app to keep trrack of my meals for I find their scanner very convenient. How de the food entries I record on myfitnesspal dońt show on the fitbit app. However both Apps seems properly connected for I can see the number of steps and calories burns on myfitnesspal...

Could you please help me to get my food entries from myfitnesspal to be displayed into the fitbit app please? Is there a setting I am missing? Could someone provide advice please?

Many thanks,

Julie

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I’m having the same issue. Did 45 minute workout today - added details to MFP but my Fitbit Inspire seems to think I’ve only done 9 minutes work out and good isn’t syncing over either.

Frustrating to say the least!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did manage to make it sync. Still don’t know how. I left both apps open, synced each one and then it took a good 30 minutes. I also noticed that while my food count sync yesterday’s data yesterday, it zero’d it out this morning. I’ve about given up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think both Fitbit and MFP are sick of hearing from me, but I am so frustrated that neither one can fix this. Up until a week or so ago, MFP would sync my food count into Fitbit instantly. Now it is taking up to twelve hours for it to appear in Fitbit. I have tried using the Fitbit/MFP apps both on my mobile and on my PC desktop. It does not sync on either one. Tech support just says to contact MFP. And of course MFP says to contact Fitbit.

I have been looking into other trackers, since Fitbit doesn't seem to be working.

Jean
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bonitaf59 @sgourley89 @jachang Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well!

I will assist you with your food entries on MFP. The syncing between accounts may have a delay but the data should show at the end of the day. I would like to know if you have tried MFP suggestions to improve the link between accounts. Also is the issue still present since the time you posted?

I look forward to your reply.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, AlvaroFitbit. Yes, I tried everything that MFP suggested. I have tried everything that Fitbit suggested, too, but the syncing between accounts still has a delay of hours. For example, as a test, I entered an item into MFP shortly after midnight last night, and it did not appear in FitBit until about 3:00 p.m. this afternoon. Yes, the other app I am testing, Chronometer, synced the food items over within a minute or two.

You mentioned in your message that "syncing between accounts may have a delay".  Is this something new? Syncing used to be just about instant. As soon as I entered my meal into MFP, I could just switch right to the FitBit tab in my browser, and see the new update immediately. (I would have to refresh the browser first, of course.) If this is intentional that there is a delay, it seems like a step backwards.

Thanks again for your response.

Jean
Best Answer

I also have issues with Food syncing from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit. It doesnt sync or sync partialy only. Also when checked my yesterdays food It still did not sync fully and this day is nearly 23:00pm

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elcia Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

I will assist your your MFP food logs and sorry for the late reply. As mentioned in my previous post you can try the official MFP troubleshooting guide to help resolve this issue.

@jachang I have seen a delay with other members this is why I mentioned it. Still we depend on the link between the apps so hopefully this will improve on both sides. As you mentioned both Support teams are aware as you have contacted them so at this time we can only be patient as long as the data is being transferred.

Keep me posted. 

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

It looks like it improved recently with the fix that was done regarding issue with Withings not syncing with Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes. It just does a summary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you - this worked for me even 2+ years later! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes