Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync food entries from myfitnesspal?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,
I am using myfitnesspal app to keep trrack of my meals for I find their scanner very convenient. How de the food entries I record on myfitnesspal dońt show on the fitbit app. However both Apps seems properly connected for I can see the number of steps and calories burns on myfitnesspal...

Could you please help me to get my food entries from myfitnesspal to be displayed into the fitbit app please? Is there a setting I am missing? Could someone provide advice please?

Many thanks,

Julie

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

MFP has been wonky the last day or two. When did you link the accounts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that your meals aren't syncing over from MFP as expected. It sounds like you are confident that you've got the two account properly linked (this page has more info on linking).

Logged foods and activities from MyFitnessPal should display on your Fitbit.com account when the two are linked. You'll be able to see this on the desktop Dashboard http://www.fitbit.com/foods/log or in the mobile app's food log. Do you see the MFP data in either of these places? If it shows up in only one of the two, it's possible you may be logged into two different accounts.

It is also possible that there is an issue with MyFitnessPal's syncing - you might give it a day or two to begin working properly. If you continue to have trouble getting it to work, please reach out to our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com for assistance.

Best Answer

I linked them yesterday, but the food from MFP comes across as "breakfast summary", etc. The calories are matched, but the individual foods don't come across. Is this the way it is supposed to behave?

Scott | Aviano Italy

Force, One, Charge, Charge HR, Surge - iOS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Matthew wrote:

Sorry to hear that your meals aren't syncing over from MFP as expected. It sounds like you are confident that you've got the two account properly linked (this page has more info on linking).

Logged foods and activities from MyFitnessPal should display on your Fitbit.com account when the two are linked. You'll be able to see this on the desktop Dashboard http://www.fitbit.com/foods/log or in the mobile app's food log. Do you see the MFP data in either of these places?

Are you saying we should see in FitBit, the actual logged foods as entered in MFP?

Or we should see only a summary of calories, fat, etc.? 

Al lI see is "Lunch Summary".

Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 6.04.28 PM.jpg

Best Answer

@Blade7658 @ChrisCA - Sorry for the delay! Foods logged through MFP will show as summaries when synced to your Fitbit account (e.g., "Lunch Summary"). You won't see a list of calories, fat, or items logged. Hope this helps!

Fitbit Community ModeratorAmrita | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Tips for your next healthy meal? Get cooking!

Best Answer

I don't see my food recorded on my Fitbit dashboard but they are recorded on MFP. i even try to resync the two. 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem until I disconnected and reconnected on MFPs website using the computer instead of doing so using the app on my phone. I also went under the MFP "More" tab and clicked "Sync" on the very bottom (in the app on my phone).  Works fine now!  

Best Answer

I had the same problem but I just did what drrae65 mentioned and it works fine now. That was to press sync on the bottom of the more page on MFP.

thanks drrae65. 

Best Answer

I did the same, but it still only shows the calorie summary, not the full list of the foods inserted. In your case, can you see the details of the food?

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi!

I'm having the same issue!

Where is the "more" tab on the MFP webpage?? I don't see it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having trouble syncing my new Fitbit Alta to MFP.  I’m trying to find how to disconnect and reconnect as you suggested and can’t find how to do that

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to synch MFP to my fitbit as well, and I've read all over both sites on the desktop and there is not a "more" button or a "synch" option on either site, can you send me a screen shot of where i would find this please, thank you. I like to continue adding the food on MFP, since my foods are there already and if it would synch with fitbit, i'd have a more accurate amount of calories burned I htink. My fitbit has me burning way more calories then what shows on the machine etc., can you tell me why? thank you so much

\

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that the two have synced, but nothing ever shows up on my fitbit dashboard app. I have to click on the meal portion and when I go in, then it'll sync with what was on MFP. This is also true with the water portion of the dashboard as I use MFP to track all of that.

Best Answer

I switched my steps from fitbit back to mfp but it;s not synching that either. I'm not quite sure I understand,your response, but I synch on MFP but the two dont seem to show up on either dashboard. so I'll continue tracking my food and water on MFP and add my exercise into that, it just won't get the steps in MFP. a little frustrating but doable. thank you for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I finally got the two apps to connect. What you do is go my fitness pal website not through the app but on the computer. Click on apps and look for fitbit. Click on fitbit and click disconnect. Then idk if this helps at all but i logged out of my fitness pal account on my phone and then re connected fitbit on the computer and then i logged back in to my fitness pal on my phone and thats it! The apps are now communicating exactly as they should!

Best Answer

Thanks! Same problem. Going to  myfitnesspal then "more" and hit synch worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m having trouble finding the More tab. Is it available on the free version? If so, any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask when should data sync - ie I linked accoutns about an hour ago and Myfitnespal appears in my fitness linked apps and visa versa.  But food data , calories etc that I enterd today in Myfitnesspal are yet to appear in fitbit. when should this transfer?

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I had fitbit and MSP apps linked long ago. It worker until Feb this year. I did not use MSP for few months, and now I use it again. I reinstalled the fitbit app hoping this would help. it did not. I unlinked and re-linked the apps and for that moment it did sync once only so I had my breakfast and snack summary calories in fitbit and steps in MSP. However, additional steps or food I logged after that is not syncing, not yesterday nor today. Now I do not even get Fitbit step count in MSP. I have tried to use Sync command in MSP app menu repeatedly. it says synced, but no data is showing in either apps. 😞

Please please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes