Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync food entries from myfitnesspal?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,
I am using myfitnesspal app to keep trrack of my meals for I find their scanner very convenient. How de the food entries I record on myfitnesspal dońt show on the fitbit app. However both Apps seems properly connected for I can see the number of steps and calories burns on myfitnesspal...

Could you please help me to get my food entries from myfitnesspal to be displayed into the fitbit app please? Is there a setting I am missing? Could someone provide advice please?

Many thanks,

Julie

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Hello everyone, good to see you all in the Fitbit Community! I saw you are experiencing issues to sync food entries in MyFitnessPal to your Fitbit account. It has been a few days sine the last post, so I got to ask, how it goes? Is the issue still persisting?

One practice that is worth to try when the integration fails, is to revoke the access and reconnect your accounts from scratch like it was attempted by @Cris_Grey.

For more details regarding this workaround, refer to this post: Fitbit and MFP not syncing!

For more details on data not syncing from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal, refer to this article from MyFitnessPal: What if data doesn't appear to be syncing from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal?

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do you click on apps on the computer in MFP?? Not seeing it... Do you have to have premium for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JosieR.

There is no need to have premium for that. You should be able to get there by clicking on the link provided. Try clicking here. It should take you there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing the same problems. I’ve disconnected, reconnected, etc but there are no steps in MFP and no food in  fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fizzabeth.

Thanks for trying those steps and letting us know that it didn't work.  

In this case I'd recommend getting in touch with MFP directly so that they can see what is going on. Given that this interactions are developed by the third parties, they should be able to identify what is happening.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfect. Thanks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @nursee67.

Great news! Thanks for giving them a shot and letting us know that everything is working now.

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time. Lots of topics to talk about with other users in there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LanuzaFitbit,

I am using Fitbit app (Versa), and switched from using Cronometer food app to MyFitnessPal food app.

I managed to sync my food into Fitbit but was very disappointed that I could not get the macronutrient (fat, protein& Carbs). The same problem was there in CronOmeter. 

I wish you can add these macronutrients besides the calories. 

Thanking in advance.

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums  @AlexAq8.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing those details in here! 

Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board? That way other users can comment and vote on your suggestion to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MFP and my new Fitbit Versa were synching nicely until today when my Fitbit quit synching with my iPhone App - requiring a removal/reinstall of my app. Everything working well except I can’t get MFP to synch now. I have done the. Revoke Access and re-approve;And the disconnect and reconnect. 

Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday MyFitnessPal app isn’t syncing with Fitbit app in logging food or steps have disconnected the reconnect it still doesn’t help 

has anyone had this problem. 

Its been working great till yesterday 

please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I eventually read on MFP site that they were having trouble and were working on it. They seem to have fixed it now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found out MFP was having synch probs systemically- they’ve fixed now. 

Best Answer

Hello @dimcpay and @Carr1elou.

Thank you for going through the steps I mentioned above.

Thanks for letting us know that everything seems to be working correctly @dimcpay.

@Carr1elou Could you confirm if everything is also working for you or not yet?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything working fine.

Regards
Dianne
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dimcpay.

Glad to read that everything seems to be working correctly.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't answer her question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @paul.regan.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

I apologize if we didn't answer any specific question. Could you let me know what was the question that wasn't entered? I'll be more than happy to answer it.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s all good. I found reason and it’s all working well.

Regards
Dianne
Best Answer

I've tried repeatedly to link myfitnesspal with fitbit.  Revoked, added, revoked, added, checked for sync steps, only entered food in MFP.  Still can't get information to connect between the two.

Best Answer
0 Votes