Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use MyFitnessPal properly with Fitbit??

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using MyFitnessPal for years to track my calories and activity. Recently I got a Fitbit Luxe and connected the two apps. But I'm confused about where to log my activity.

Let's say that I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill and track it as an Exercise on my Fitbit. I'm confused about whether I need to do any additional logging.

-Should I also manually enter that exercise in MyFitnessPal?

-Does the exercise tracked on the Fitbit automatically get loaded into MyFitnessPal and show up there (meaning that I should NOT enter it manually into MyFitnessPal)?

I can see that if I use MyFitnessPal to log an activity that Fitbit doesn't specifically track (such as dancing or housework), it will show up in the Fitbit activity dashboard.

I just want to make sure that I'm not mistakenly doubling my workouts by logging them with both apps!

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

ANYBODY??????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. Until recently the data flowed both ways between Fitbit and My Fitness Pal. The calories from the meals and my weight I entered in MFP would appear automatically in Fitbit and the the calories I burned in Fitbit would appear in MFP. However since an app update in early October that link appears to be broken, at least in the MFP to Fitbit direction. And MFP no longer appears as a supported app so I can’t even try disconnecting and reconnecting. It is very frustrating. But if it were working you would only have to enter data in one or the other. 

Best Answer