Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Fitbit App with the Apple watch?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone have any luck figuring out how to use the Fitbit app with your apple watch? I'm really bummed I can join in on challenges anymore. Third party apps I've tried won't transfer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I hear you, but they should. Most of us Apple lovers will not leave Apple. I was actually using the AW on the left wrist, and FitBit on the right. Well, these cheap things (FitBit products) don't last! 

Best Answer

You nailed it! I  wear my Apple watch on my left wrist and used to have my FitBit on my right. You know those things do not last! I was an early adopter and had about SIX FtiBit products in three years. In one occasion, I had my FitBit for a week or so, and travelled by air with a child and a stroller. Well, my FitBit did not survive the trip wrestle. Jut lost it! Like you, I just wish I could only use the Apple watch. And yes, solo ride here. I don't have any friends or associates with the AW, so no competition or sharing. I now use "Pedomerer++" to track my steps (readily available on the face/complications), and use "Sleep Watch" to track my sleep. Both apps are great! 

Best Answer
Thanks for this 👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really simple solution. Charge $99/yr for Fitbit app access subscription and allow steps to post to challenges.  That way your still getting money (even though those people aren’t buying your hardware). Probably would allow the company to make much more money than selling trackers alone.  Plus let’s say Apple gets their act together and come out with a inexpensive ($200 or less) Apple Watch, your company would already be established in their ecosystem. Still sell trackers, but even your Ionic isn’t close to an Apple Watch. 

In the meantime, I have been having all my Fitbit friends about Stridekick. It has cross platform support for challenges and it is free. Not as smooth, but essentially does what the Fitbit app does. 

Best Answer
We just ditched all our fitbits and bought apple watches. Sad but they missed their chance.
Best Answer

Same here.  The issue I had is that the tracker themselves are not that well built.  But there software is superior to the Apple Activity tracker software (who thinks circles are a good idea???)  That said, I have numerous coworkers and friends that I compete weekly in Fitbit challenges, and we have all transitioned to using Stridekick.  Not as elegant, but also doesn't place any restrictions like Fitbit. 

You would think that they would learn from Pebble's lessons (bad tracker, decent software) but they went belly up.  The sad part is Fitbit's management is being too stubborn in thinking they are the leader in this market.  Tech is littered with hot new companies (Jawbone, Pebble, Blackberry) that failed to adapt, and then struggle to survive once failure is imminent...  Fitbit is heading that way. 

I honestly believe that they should focus on the software (give it free to folks who buy there trackers and charge a subscription for everyone else)  Then focus on getting an apple watch app and complication.  Then no matter what happens, they still have an option to generate income, even if Apple takes over the world of wearable and they no longer sell many trackers at fitbit...

Seems like a future case study for MBA classes...

Best Answer

I currently have a Fitbit and want to upgrade to an Apple Watch. Is there any way I can still record steps to the Fitbit app by using the Apple Watch to count steps rather than wearing both devices??I want to continue using Fitbit app as do online challenges with friends.

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Promoting External Links

Best Answer
To update the Fitbit app using an Apple Watch, use Sync Solver - Health to Fitbit.
Best Answer

Not yet, still looking ... seem like the old sync app stopped supporting in 2016. Fitbit also is dragging feet on this. Don't get me wrong, I love fitbit, have been a user for 10 years. Thats why I want to stay with them. All of my data is here. I guess for now it is 2 watchs for me. Thank goodness I have two wrists. LOL 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As of this time, The Apple Watch only syncs with the Health app. To integrate Fitbit data, you can purchase a third party application called Sync Solver - Fitbit to Health available in the App Store.
Best Answer
0 Votes

But with it recorded the steps to the challenges?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone! Currently, it's not possible to sync Fitbit and Apple watch. However, just as some users have mentioned on this thread some have been able to link both by downloading SyncSolver but I'm not sure if this app is still available. 

If you get to sync them the steps won't count toward Challenges because the ones that will count are the ones from the tracker. 

Hope this clarifies any doubt! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Too bad. That means when my FitBit dies and it will...my love affair with FitBit will be over. I really hate wear bother my FitBit and Apple Watch. I don’t get to wear my bracelets.
Best Answer

I have tried the sync solver and it doesn't work. it sometimes syncs steps but nothing else 

Best Answer
In the app, please check what it syncs and the sync schedule.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Goalday@AlaskaMike and @WalkingXm

Note that Sync Solver as my friend @SilviaFitbit suggested here, is just a workaround, since so far we don't have immediate plans to integrate the Fitbit app with Apple watches due to these are different technologies.

Keep in mind with Sync Solver It won't be possible to use all the features of the Fitbit app and the Fitbit trackers, so not all your information will be share. The best way to know which data will sync is like @WalkingXm suggested here.

You can review the last update in the following feature suggestion: Integrate with Apple Watch.

See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, but that doesn't work to get it onto the fitbit app.  You can't participate in any challenges with this app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TM99 I'm not sure if the title of this thread really is about the desired request. 

The title is. " Use Fitbit app with the apple watch" I'm not sure what this means? Is it saying to write a Fitbit app that can run on the Apple Watch? Or is it asking for the Apple Watch to be added as a Fitbit Tracker and used to collect the users steps? 

Several have requested for Fitbit to sync with the Apple watch, but haven't explained what and what way the sync should occur. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is being asked for is a Fitbit app that runs on the watch similar to what a Charge 2 HR does today. But waterproof and allowing us users to not have wear two devices. I realize now after a year of this ask (and other threads dating to 2014) that Fitbit is not at all serious about this request. I get that Apple Watch is a competitive device. But it is one that will crush the whole company once they figure out their health app. There is no way that a relatively small company like Fitbit can compete with Apple once Apple decides to move heavily into this space. And if you see their announcements they are moving slowly but surely. By simply creating an app (like 1000’s of other companies have done) to run on the Apple Watch Fitbit can remain relevant for years to come.
Best Answer

How does the Fitbit app run on a Charge 2 today, the Charge 2 simply connects to the Fitbit software. 

Best Answer
0 Votes