Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Fitbit App with the Apple watch?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone have any luck figuring out how to use the Fitbit app with your apple watch? I'm really bummed I can join in on challenges anymore. Third party apps I've tried won't transfer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
Maybe Fitbit should consider focusing more on having their software integrated in wearable devices? Or, maybe they should join forces with Apple?
Best Answer

I’m in the process of getting the Apple Watch too. I have the Fitbit Ionic. It had so many promises that it would have apps and clockfaces but it’s been a flop. The Apple Watch is a more rounded smart watch full of customisation and apps. The new Apple Watch 4 looks like it’s a giant leap into being a fitness watch which was always why I chose Fitbit. I’ve 6 fitbit devices over the years. I like to track my hiking using Fitbit GPS and enjoy the challenges on Fitbit app but massively disappointed that ionic appstore has flopped. Looks like AW has apps to sync to strava and battery lasts now for for a full day of walking. 

I use “powersync” to sync Fitbit to Apple Health app to have my stats everywhere.  Don’t like apples app but I want everything synced to everywhere. I might continue to wear Fitbit ionic as a fitness watch on my other wrist but AW is looking better for every day use. 

Best Answer
The Apple Watch 4 not only can track your exercise, but it can also assist in emergency situations. Plus, the Apple Watch is for more accurate when it comes to data. On the other hand, Fitbit’s user interface is great when it comes to it’s web app, but not so great when it comes to hardware that can sometimes over exaggerate.
Best Answer

I agree with most of the comments here, there basically isn't a good option right now to do this. Natively, the Health app can direct some data to the Fitbit. To add on top of that, the Apple watch definitely doesn't track as much detail as the Fitbit does. There are no native sleep apps on the Apple Watch, though there are 3rd party apps like Happy Wheels VLC CCleaner. So I think if you are really set on fitness tracking, then Fitbit is still the best option right now. 

A better question to ask is, how much quantification do you really want? Fitbit gives you the most data and breaks it down for you. Apple Watch can track a variety of exercises and the Health app can break that down to a certain extent. I find that the Apple watch is fine for what I need it for, which is that the smart watch functions out weigh the fitness tracking abilities.

Lara.S

Best Answer

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts on the matter.

Please do keep in mind that this is a help board and not a place to discuss news about other devices or similar situations. Discussion like that can be considered off-topic as per the Community Guidelines. If you are looking to talk about subjects not related to help, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards

Thanks for your understanding and sharing your thoughts.

If you need any assistance in the future, please let us know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It could be that some people are discussing other devices because Fitbit has not delivered on its promises (e.g. Dexcom readings on Fitbit devices). If needs aren't being served customers go elsewhere.

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts on the matter.

Please do keep in mind that this is a help board and not a place to discuss news about other devices or similar situations. Discussion like that can be considered off-topic as per the Community Guidelines. If you are looking to talk about subjects not related to help, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards

Thanks for your understanding and sharing your thoughts.

If you need any assistance in the future, please let us know.

Best Answer

Apple is just so good.!

Best Answer
0 Votes
No doubt about it. Maybe there should be a Fitbit app for the Apple Watch?
Best Answer

not really why would apple and fitbit get alone like that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple and Fitbit will never come together! My choice will always be Apple, unless Fitbit comes out with a product that makes the Apple Watch look like a AAA battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Theres an app called SYNCSAVER that will do that for you.  Your steps will show on the Fitbit leaderboard , however your steps will not add up while in a challenge. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter and for sharing the ways in which you've gotten the two to connect.

Keep in mind that there is no official way to connect the two and thus apps that do that are not guaranteed to work, or be absolutely safe. We'd recommend that you avoid using them or to be very careful if you do.

In the meantime, maybe you could support this suggestion to integrate with Apple. You can vote for it to show your support even if it is listed as Not Currently Planned. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on how the board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I need the steps to show up in the challenges.
Best Answer

Switching to Apple is no better. It just means you have isolated yourself in another vendor's world.

Email used to be that way..m everyone vying to control. Eventually we broke their stranglehold.

Best to insist that vendors allow cross platform connections.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am an Apple Watch user who loved Fitbit for years, but the devices fell apart on me between 2-6 months of use without fail. I desperately miss the challenges and wish there was a way to have my steps count for Fitbit challenges. I'd pay a couple bucks a month for that. Wish these companies could play nice together! 

Best Answer

Which do you think is better fitbit or apple watch?

@flyawaykiara wrote:

I am an Apple Watch user who loved Fitbit for years, but the devices fell apart on me between 2-6 months of use without fail. I desperately miss the challenges and wish there was a way to have my steps count for Fitbit challenges. I'd pay a couple bucks a month for that. Wish these companies could play nice together! 

Best Answer
Hi flyawaykiara,

I find the Apple Watch much more accurate. However, Fitbit offers challenges that the Apple Watch doesn’t. Have you tried an app called Sync Solver? It has a version that will sync your Apple Watch data to Fitbit. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone,

i have been struggling with this same issues for several years now. My wife and I owned Ones for many years and they were fantastic. Later I decided to jump on the smart watch bandwagon and bought an Ionic with all its amazing promises. About 3 months later I regretted buying the Ionic. It was difficult to use and the music part of it was absolutely terrible (one main reason I got it... to play music to wireless headphones). It was a nightmare to sync it for music.

finally I gave up, sold it and bought an Apple Watch 3 (cell model) and a set of Air Pods. What a difference! They are not even in the same league.

there was only one problem... the horrible aweful Apple Health. I was used to the Fitbit app for years and now I had that apple garbage. I love EVERYTHING about my watch except the Apple Health.

i too came looking for some way to get my Apple Watch working with the Fitbit App (I love the Fitbit app so much). I was extremely disappointed to find no way to make this work.

i ended up having an idea. What I started doing is wearing my Fitbit One on the clip and used it only for step tracking and ect that is was designed for. Then used my Apple Watch for everything else. This has worked good for awhile now (I even bought a bunch of Ones on clearance and sold a dozen of them on eBay... they sell very quickly because there is so much demand for them still for the very reasons I have outlined.

i still have a few more ones stashed away in case the current one breaks. But I have noticed the new Inspire has a clip. This could be a new model replacement for the One.

i honestly hate having 2 devices so much but this has been my only way to have both the Fitbit app /w functionality and a Smart watch  but only have one device on my wrist.

i hope this helps someone. I agree it is just a matter of time and Apple will find an equal or superior app to Fitbit and then goodbye Fitbit (to be known as the next Blackberry). Sad but true (refusing to keep up with the demands of the consumer market). Fitbit tells us what we want and how we will use it instead of the other way around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you taken a look at SyncSolver: Fitbit to Apple Watch app on the App Store?
Best Answer
0 Votes

But that means you can access the Fitbit with the Apple health. That is the opposite that I want. I only want to use the Fitbit app and not use the Apple Health app (it is terrible)

there is currently no way to just use the Fitbit App without having a Fitbit device connected to it.

also I thought the solver quit working several years ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes