Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Fitbit App with the Apple watch?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone have any luck figuring out how to use the Fitbit app with your apple watch? I'm really bummed I can join in on challenges anymore. Third party apps I've tried won't transfer.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
Sync solved works for me. Adds my steps on the Fitbit leaderboard from my Apple Watch.

The only thing I can’t do is partake in fitbit challenges.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting.

I will look into it.

Does it still count towards trophies and your friend lists and ect?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I remember the issue.

it only syncs once a day or whatever with the Fitbit app (web). You will never get real-time data using Sync Solver. It will still require you to use both Apple Health for just about everything.

so sync solver takes away all of your real-time stats and ect during the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am soooo done with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
The only reason why I stack with Fitbit is because of its’ Aria scale.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Aria2 scale. I was worried it would become junk when I switched to an Apple Watch. What I do is manually enter the Aria data from the Fitbit app into Apple Health. Note that fitbit will export weight to MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal will export it to Apple Health. %fat will have to be moved manually. Apple Helath will calculate BMI based on the weight and previously entered height. Lean mass will have to be entered manually

Best Answer
0 Votes
I recall an app, in the Apple App Store, that takes your Fitbit data and sends it to the Apple Health app. It is called Sync Solver for Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was looking for a way to continue competing in challenges. Fitbit only counts steps from my phone not the watch. No biggie as I am seriously over replacing a fit bit every 9-11 months due to device failure. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Gwennie7. It's nice to see you around @WalkingXm @Simon16. I am sorry for the delayed response.

@WalkingXm @Simon16 I appreciate the time you took to share your experiences, solutions and tips to help other users. 

@Gwennie7 I understand how you're feeling as you would like to continue competing in challenges. Thank you for letting me know that Fitbit only counts steps from your phone not the watch. If you experience any difficulties with your device, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you further. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know mobile tracker works with the Apple Watch. Obviously Fitbit wrote an algorithm to not allow challenges for those steps. It would seem that it wouldn’t work with the apps recommended either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so disappointed that there does not seem to be much support provided by Fitbit for their devices. The early Fitbit devices had straps that fell apart, I have use my Blaze for a couple of years  now - absolutely love it, it's become part of my daily routine. Now the battery is dying, I want to keep using the Blaze but see no way to get the battery replaced.

So do I try and replace it myself, or swap to an Apple Watch or other device ? Why not support your products like other companies do ?

Offer a battery replacement scheme for £15 or you will drive customers away .... unless you support your own products you will not be able to remain in business long term. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mcboyer @Tcd016. I am sorry for the delayed response.

@mcboyer thank you for joining the thread and sharing your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

@Tcd016 I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with Fitbit products and Customer Support. I totally understand how you are feeling as you love your Fitbit Blaze and would like to continue using it and enjoying the Fitbit experience. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion since this helps us to keep improving. I could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. Thank you for your time and efforts. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why don’t Fitbit offer a reasonably priced battery replacement programme for it’s devices including the Blaze?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don’t Fitbit offer a reasonably priced battery replacement scheme for it’s devices, including the Blaze? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you. I have FitBit a long time now and almost 2 yrs ago I upgraded my FitBit to the Versa an now it has stopped working I have had about 6 Fitbit's now and I am done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use IFTTT to update my apple data each time I jump on the scales. 

Best Answer
0 Votes