Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I only want to send data from "run" to Endomondo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use Fitbit Ionic to track my runs and I have paired it with Endomondo. That works. But I dont want Ionic to send data about walks, workouts/coach-worksout, bike etc... Only excercise "Run" - where can I select which exercises gets pushed to Endomondo?

I use my Ionic and bike to map routes I like to run later, but I dont want them to show up on my Endomondo-feed (now I have to delete them all the time)

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Take a look at the main information post on the Fitbit - Endomondo link .

What Endomondo takes or sends to your Fitbit account is up to them. 

This means if your request can be made. it will need to be done from your Endomondo account. 

Best Answer

Hi Rich_Laue

Thank you for your reply. Although the answer is not clarifying my issue and I dont agree with it.

In Fitbit web I have added access til Endomondo:

Endomondo by EndomondoApproved on 2018-07-07 18:46:55

Endomondo lets you share your sports with your friends. You track your running, biking, etc. with a GPS mobile or a Garmin device and Endomondo.com provides you with a full training log.

Access And Write

sleep, activity, heartrate, profile, location

Revoke Access

I understand this a if I track with my fGPS Mobile being my Fitbit  Ionic device- then Fitbit automatically syncs and shares my activity on Endomondo. I dont use Endomondo to track. I use the Fitbit watch.

But I only want to track and send the activity "Run" not biking etc - But I can't find where to chose what acitivites to send to Endomondo?
Best Answer
0 Votes

As for access, the user goes to endomondo's site and requests connect endomondo  to connect their Fitbit account, this sends the user to a fitbit link where the user tells Fitbit to allow endomondo access. The connection is made from endomondo .not Fitbit. 

After an exercise is synced from the Ionic to your Fitbit account, Fitbit sends a notice to Endomondo that a new event has been added. 

Endomondo then goes to Fitbit and retrieves what info it wants to retrieve, this part of the process is outside of fitbits control. 

What I find interesting is that the main endomondo post does not say that exercises will be retrieved by endomondo. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rich_Laue and @Adavalby.

As always @Rich_Laue, thanks for helping out!

@Adavalby @Rich_Laue is right. In this case Endomondo decides to get all of the activities that they want as long as they have been logged to your Fitbit account. It is totally up to them if there is, or might be in the future, a way to choose only a certain amount of activities. Perhaps you could get in touch with them in regards to this.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes